Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed the H&R sway bars. It was a pain in the arse to do the front on the garage floor without help - that dern thing is heavy...getting the brackets over the large bar and then trying to put the nuts on to hold it drove me crazy. And, of course, the first time I get the bolts to the brackets started...I realize I had the dern bar under the steering rack...so don't do that

Anyway, on to the bars which are both solid. The front is an adjustable 36mm unit which I set to full stiff. The rear is 26mm and comes with huge aluminum links - I was surprised at how beefy they are when I opened the box ....much more so than the Eibach. The rear is not adjustable. As usual with H&R, everything was powdercoated nicely in dark charcoal and packed great. The sways also came with new bushings that don't need grease but I went ahead and put synthetic grease on the brackets just in case. These are larger in diameter than the FRPP sway bars (FRPP front is 34.9mm and rear is 23.9mm) as well as Eibach (35mm/24mm).

I did FRPP springs and an adjustable panhard rod a couple weeks ago which helped some but the sways are a big improvement. I don't feel like I'm on a boat in water anymore. I also have QA1 single adjustable rear shocks which I have set a 7 clicks...8 was too much on the street and I may go back to 6.

So far, my mod plan has been exactly what I wanted and I've avoided the impulse buys.

mods:
H&R front/rear sways
FRPP springs
QA1 rear shocks
Steeda adj panhard rod
3.73 gears w/FRPP low profile cover
FRPP SGT
J&L CAI
Evo Stage 1 tune

·
Registered
267 Posts
Great job... Trying to do the sways on your back in the garage is a royal PITA... Glad it all worked out for you..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts