Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,355 Posts
Cool blend of the Ford GT and GR-1.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power comes from a mid-mounted, twin-turbocharged, 5.4-liter V8 that generates 1,024 horsepower and 739 pound-feet of torque. If you feed it 100-octane fuel - and you really should - it'll produce 1,197 horsepower and 887 pound-feet of torque. The top speed is still listed as "225+ mph," and acceleration is simply ridiculous; the GTR1 will blister to 60 miles per hour in just 3.1 seconds and hit 100 mph in 6.8 seconds. Thanks to a set of carbon-ceramic brakes, that power can be bled off quickly, allowing the GTR1 to get from zero to 200 to zero in just 18.9 seconds. The factory quarter-mile time is 10.6 seconds at 152 miles per hour.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's extremely bad ass, but at $1M+, I'd be too nervous about some d-bag hitting me. I'm nervous now about people hitting my 68K GT500, jeez, I can only imagine what my nerves would be like in a car of this caliber. Heck, if I had that kind on money, I'd probably put it on display in my living room....It'd be like my version of a "grand piano."

D3

·
Registered
380 Posts
I don't like it when an article starts out with: "It's been more than half a decade since Ford had a legitimate answer for the SRT Viper and Chevy Corvette..."

For a mil plus, I'd rather start with a GT and do it myself; it certainly would be much more fun for me that way, but I suppose those that can handily afford one of these think differently than I.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wonder how it would handle, or is it the same chassis and suspension as the GT?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
That car is super sweet. I love that style. Too bad they don't sell for 100K, as thats my spending limit on ANY car. Take away 400HP and any of the bells and whistles and I'd still buy it for 100K... I actually like the look of the last GT more.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
For a mil plus, I'd rather start with a GT and do it myself; it certainly would be much more fun for me that way, but I suppose those that can handily afford one of these think differently than I.
+1,same here,get a GT,bigger blower,exhaust... and have a good chunk of change left..but that's just me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts