Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ninosport says that the GTA mufflers will fit the GT500. Is this true? Anyone running them? I have the GTAs on my '07 GT and am very pleased with the sound. It they'll work on the GT500, I'll go that route.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They fit. I had a pair on my GT500 for a while. They do stick out a little farther than they do on a GT.

Kirk
I don't think I would like that. They stick out too far for my taste on my GT.

·
Registered
861 Posts
They fit. I had a pair on my GT500 for a while. They do stick out a little farther than they do on a GT.

Kirk
It might look like a bumper step. Kinda like something you might use on a puckup truck!:D
JJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
There don't stick out that far. I bought them originally for my wife's GT and tried them out on my GT500 for a while. I replaced them with Borla 11752s. GTA have a deeper tone and the borla are more raspy and a little louder. The borla tips are better looking. Both are more aggressive than the stock mufflers but quieter and no drone compared to the popular straight through muffler designs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just my opinion of course, The GTA's sound alot like the SVT's which I first bought and exchanged. I couldn't really see too much of a difference than stock. Take a look at FORD RACING M5230-5GT (Borla Stinger same) it is much lighter, round (smaller)not oval and has a really nice polished embossed tip with the FORD RACING logo on it. :) Demo Exhaust Video Link

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii42/fllaw1/?action=view&current=ExhaustDemo.flv

1 - 7 of 7 Posts