·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,113 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,940 Posts
Gives a nice option to upgrade a base car to be on par with a CFTP (maybe), for similar money.
And you get one of our laser engraved coolant tanks to boot!
4F1195EF-AE20-4902-88AE-16810FECB34B.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Me likey. Will be super exclusive.
Lots of things are “exclusive” in the sense that they’re rare - mostly because they’re not very popular.

Sure, owners will be able to claim ownership of one of however many exist - with any commensurate effect upon value. And certain aspects, like the interior upgrades, are nice, albeit mostly subjective, improvements which are “better” mostly only to those who happen to prefer them.

But my concern at this point when high performance products have become such sophisticated combinations of technologies and calibrations, many of which sacrifice ultimate levels of theoretical performance to make them more reliable and livable on a daily basis, is how much of an actual overall “improvement” to performance or handing are such modifications likely to achieve versus simply being “different” for differentiarion’s sake?

I’m not sure I want more power from the Predator if it comes at the expense of durability (which hasn’t yet been established) or fuel economy which already is worse than abysmal. I don’t care about gas cost. I don’t want to develop Tesla-like range anxiety. Not that Shelby isn’t talented or experienced, but how well can their technological and testing resources complete with Ford’s? Even the aero is on a razor’s edge between being beneficial and destabilizing.

Earlier 500s were easier to improve, mostly because of all the opportunities Ford didn’t pursue in the first place. That’s not so much the case anymore. I haven’t found supercharged Voodoos improve a 350, especially on track, versus the horsepower over torque bias that benefits most circuit cars so well.

I wish Shelby well but I’m likely to wait until actual shortcomings emerge before I start considering whole-car modifications.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Gives a nice option to upgrade a base car to be on par with a CFTP (maybe), for similar money.
And you get one of our laser engraved coolant tanks to boot!
View attachment 203486
If I owned a 2015+ GT350 or GT500, my first mod would be to add one of your etched tanks. Better yet, Ford needs to ink a deal with you to put one on every new build.

Reactions: TedShred

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just want the hood

1 - 7 of 7 Posts