Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone,

I just thought I'd see how many Shelby's we had here in Calgary and if anyone was interested in sharing information on where to go and get the mod's for our cars.
Thanks, hope to hear from some of you soon.

Canada#7_Shelby

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey #7,

I'm most likely leaving the car stock, maybe putting in the 3 stage turn signals. We'll see, as I get used to the power and handling and want more this could all change. Not to mention letting my bank account catchup !;~)

A buddy of mine told me about a track day a Race City, its not actually a track day it's an organized race school by corvetteracingadventures.com
You can bring your own car though. I personnaly will not be butting my Shelby on the track, as I crashed my bike there 2 years ago :-(

Anyway take care, we should organize a get together for Calgary chapter?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey #7,

I'm most likely leaving the car stock, maybe putting in the 3 stage turn signals. We'll see, as I get used to the power and handling and want more this could all change. Not to mention letting my bank account catchup !;~)

A buddy of mine told me about a track day a Race City, its not actually a track day it's an organized race school by corvetteracingadventures.com
You can bring your own car though. I personnaly will not be butting my Shelby on the track, as I crashed my bike there 2 years ago :-(

Anyway take care, we should organize a get together for Calgary chapter?
Hey there GPSWES,
The track day sounds good, but I agree with you that it'd be a good idea to get used to all the power first.
Maybe later in the summer.
As for mods. I don't know if you have been following all the posts on this forum, but the one on wheel hop really got my attention the other day. It was nuts, the back end felt like it was going over about 50 speed bumps at the same time. Not a pleasant feeling. I didn't even take off all that fast at all and it hit me.
Thanks to this forum, I was able to get a solution worked out. I figure that the Steeda kit should do for what I am looking for. I spoke with the guys down at WMSracing here in town and they are giving me better prices than the price online @ Steeda.com themselves.
I think that if you were going to do any mods, that should be the first on.
I agree, we should organize a get together for the Calgary GT500 club.
Keep me posted if you hear of anyone else in town that has a car...
Take care

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's good to hear, what colour are you going with?
I know for at least two other Shelby's, my little brother just got his delivered from New Brunswick (paid sticker) and another buddy of mine got his in November from New Brunswick also (paid sticker).
We all live in the s.e part of the city, so don't be surprised if you see all three out on a cruise one day here in the spring.
Keep me posted.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Canada#7_Shelby,

Looking forward to hitting the black top in the spring. Glad to hear your brother finally got his in. I thought he was expecting delivery before Xmas? Oh well, he received it nonetheless. I'm sure he's quite happy with his new Shelby.

It will be great to get the 3 of us out there cruising the streets.

It would be even better if we could get 2 or 3 more Calgary area Shelbys to join in.

I figure I'll have my car out of storage in mid to late April. Got to wait until the city cleans the streets of all the sand and gravel they dump on them over the winter. Only 3 more months (or less).

It sure feels and sounds good to hear the engine roar once a week.

Take it easy and talk to you in a couple months.

John

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi Joe,

Every Wednesday night at the Home Depot parking lot across from Chinook Centre (northeast corner of Glenmore and Macleod trails) there is an impromptu show and shine held by the Alberta Mustangs Auto Club (I'll be joining their club shortly). They have the Southwest section of the parking lot blocked off for anyone to come and show their cars. There are all makes and sizes (Fords, Mopars, Chevys, AMCs, Exotics, Hot Rods, etc...). If the weather permits, I'll take the Shelby there tomorrow night. I know of one other GT500 owner that shows his car there. His name is Albert and his car is a 2008 red with white stripes.

Like I said, if the weather cooperates (so far it's looking pretty good), I'll be heading out tomorrow night. It would be nice to have a couple of GT500s lined up beside each other.

Arbour88

·
Registered
933 Posts
Is that to keep the moose out?

:simmadown:
Umm! Nope!

Moose in Calgary? I'm not be getting it.

Maybe cows or horses with the Stampede starting on July 4th. :cowtounge:

I'll give you props for trying though.

Arbour88

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
I'm originally from Lethbridge, now living on the west coast.
I try to get back every year to the Lethbridge Street Wheelers weekend, this year July 11-13.
Anybody here going next month?

Thanks!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi shelby2go,

Do you have any more details on this event or a web site that I could check out?

I wouldn't mind making a trip down to Lethbridge to check it out.

Thanks,

Arbour88

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Umm! Nope!

Moose in Calgary? I'm not be getting it.

Maybe cows or horses with the Stampede starting on July 4th. :cowtounge:

I'll give you props for trying though.

Arbour88
Forgive me.

You know Canada all looks the same to us.

Actually, Moose hunting has been on my mind for a while. I have a big bare spot on the wall in my cabin that is just begging for a 60" to 65" set of shovels. The moose in Newfouldland, Nova Scotia, Quebec and Ontario just won't cut it. I need to get out to western Canada for a good one.

New topic: Can you direct me to a good source for back bacon?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Arbour88

Check streetwheelers.com

it's a huge weekend event - be there by 5 pm Friday to register for the downtown cruise, or the come as you are cruise down Mayor Magrath Drive.

There's activities Saturday, and the Show and Shine Sunday. They had about 500 cars registered, and prizes.

I hope to make it there, keep in touch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just arrived from St John's NL a month ago.Drove my '07Vista blue Shelby GT500 vert (stealth) all the way.Great ride with no issues.See you all around town.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi there, welcome to the unofficial Calgary GT500 club. My brother and I are from the Rock also. I bought my shelby out here, but my brother bought his, thanks to another memeber on here, from a dealer in New Brunswick. I know a few guys around here now with them. They are lots of fun. I don't know if we'll all get them out before the snow flies or not. I've got to wash and wax mine before I put the cover on her for the winter. Anyway, welcome and we'll have to get out sometime. Take care.
Rob

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess no one has posted for a long time in this thread, but I thought I would.

I live in Calgary and am looking to buy a GT500 in the next 6 to 8 months - so hopefully I can join the "club" soon!

If anyone around Alberta or B.C. has any info or recommendations on where to look for and buy Shelbys (favourite dealerships, websites, etc) it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts