Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
A story about a sea-world trainer getting pulled underwater by an Orca?

I think I found the right link, search under GT500, the copy link function of MSN video bites. :): cough :: not my product )

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Nice to know some people also think the 2007 is a great buy. The shelby was put in a very high $$$$$ group. Lets all set back and see what happens down the road. I have time!:) :)
Yeah, I'm a little surprised the Shelby was grouped with a bunch of $300K+ cars. This car has earned a lot of respect out there. Thank you, Mr. Shelby!!! :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep and with the bad news in todays paper about Ford there is no telling what they will do as far as more GT500's being made.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Yep and with the bad news in todays paper about Ford there is no telling what they will do as far as more GT500's being made.
Bad news?

·
Registered
104 Posts
More layoffs.... well, a buy-out offer was offered to their employees. More information can be found through fark.com or linked... uhh... here: Google News

Nearly half the employees at Blackrock too the buy-out... I'm not sure if that's of those it was offered to, or overall.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
More layoffs.... well, a buy-out offer was offered to their employees. More information can be found through fark.com or linked... uhh... here: Google News

Nearly half the employees at Blackrock too the buy-out... I'm not sure if that's of those it was offered to, or overall.
Ah yes, the buyout. Yes, bad news that Ford had to offer the buyout, and it sucks for the employees, but I think it's a good thing in the end.

- The 30K that accepted a buyout was within Ford's taget range, which is good.
- Buyouts are traditionally less expensive over time than layoffs, so it's good Ford was able to hit the buyout target.
- Ford realized they need restructuring, so a "right-sizing" activity such as this is good for the health of the company.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bad news?
Saw in USA Today they plan more layoffs at some plants and sooner than they expected. Also they put the whole company up for a 18 Billion dollar loan and plan on spending 17 Billion of it in the next 2 years. Most going to pay the buy out i think.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Saw in USA Today they plan more layoffs at some plants and sooner than they expected. Also they put the whole company up for a 18 Billion dollar loan and plan on spending 17 Billion of it in the next 2 years. Most going to pay the buy out i think.
Them is some Bold Moves. :D

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Will have to wait to hear from 07 Shelby and see what happen at his location.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
No that money is not for the buyout.They have cash reserve for that.Most of this is to refresh 75% of current models and to get new models out faster.They have a lot of nice cars,trucks and features comming out soon.
Don't forget we are hurting so much we are paying Mullaly what $30,000,000
And flying him home(Washington State) every weekend and back to Dearborn on Fords corporate jet at a cost of $7,000 per jet hour.Let's not forget Mark Fields.He is getting flown home every weekend to Florida and back to Dearborn at a cost of $7,000 per jet hour plus how many millions are we paying him?I think these are the kind of decisions that put us where we are at!
These guys don't go to work everyday and look at the faces that know they are getting canned.I do.I am very fortunate that I have a future with Ford and they have been good to me.It is hard to work with people for 20+ years and know they are leaving soon.Not cause they didn't do their job but because of economic times and poor decisions by Ford management.That is my rant.

Oh and for those of you who think we can't get the Shelbys out fast enough now,at A.A.I. the target is 40% reduction in white/blue collar workers.I do believe we will get a new influx of manpower at a cheaper rate with not much experience.

·
Registered
213 Posts
damn i am glad i already got mine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
AC send me a picture of your car going down the road. I will turn the music on and act like im happy.:mad:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wait, Mullaly flys back that often? Crap... think if I go shake hands and make nice-nice that I can get a GT500 for invoice and a copy of Windows Vista?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
No that money is not for the buyout.They have cash reserve for that.Most of this is to refresh 75% of current models and to get new models out faster.They have a lot of nice cars,trucks and features comming out soon.
Don't forget we are hurting so much we are paying Mullaly what $30,000,000
And flying him home(Washington State) every weekend and back to Dearborn on Fords corporate jet at a cost of $7,000 per jet hour.Let's not forget Mark Fields.He is getting flown home every weekend to Florida and back to Dearborn at a cost of $7,000 per jet hour plus how many millions are we paying him?I think these are the kind of decisions that put us where we are at!
These guys don't go to work everyday and look at the faces that know they are getting canned.I do.I am very fortunate that I have a future with Ford and they have been good to me.It is hard to work with people for 20+ years and know they are leaving soon.Not cause they didn't do their job but because of economic times and poor decisions by Ford management.That is my rant.

Oh and for those of you who think we can't get the Shelbys out fast enough now,at A.A.I. the target is 40% reduction in white/blue collar workers.I do believe we will get a new influx of manpower at a cheaper rate with not much experience.
07 Watch what you say you may have stepped on too many toes already. We like to hear from you no matter what level, but one too many gag orders is much too much for me to handle.;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
07 Watch what you say you may have stepped on too many toes already. We like to hear from you no matter what level, but one too many gag orders is much too much for me to handle.;)
When you work for the big boys like this, you know they all went to the same school 07 is talking about. Nothing new to me. I see it every day. SAD!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
When you work for the big boys like this, you know they all went to the same school 07 is talking about. Nothing new to me. I see it every day. SAD!
You still have to watch your back and numero uno has to be you know who! Family, Honor, Country!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts