Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my finances due to the real estate market :mad: are not helping and the uncertainty about the crankshaft problems coupled with the "above sticker cost" price I may pass on the Ebony w/ Tungsten GT500 that I ordered on 03/17/06.

If the GT500KR is to be a reality in 2008, it may be a better option for me and others.

Read on>

http://www.blueovalnews.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=240

·
Registered
32 Posts
98Snake said:
As my finances due to the real estate market :mad: are not helping and the uncertainty about the crankshaft problems coupled with the "above sticker cost" price I may pass on the Ebony w/ Tungsten GT500 that I ordered on 03/17/06.

If the GT500KR is to be a reality in 2008, it may be a better option for me and others.

Read on>

Don't be to keen on the 2008 shelbykr it might be not true?And if you pass on the gt500 and wait for 500kr and does not come thru your left with nothing.If I were you go with the gt500.BEST OF LUCK!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

Read on>

I bet 98Snake wishes he wouldn't have waited for a KR now with all the outrageous ADMs!!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
By now, maybe he is getting a Challenger?:D

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I think the Challenger looks cool in the pictures, but will probably look totally different in person.

I am still amazed at how great the '05 up Mustangs look. I just love everything about this body style, whether it is a V6,GT, CS, SGT, or GT500, I just like the styling of the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well guys my ears were buzzing. In hindsight I am happy I passed on the GT500 especially since people are getting them for sticker now. I haven't seen the mark-ups for the KR but judging by your guys reply they must be substantial.

So where am I now? Well no Challenger for me. I'm too much of a Ford man and Mopar hater for that. I ended up picking up a late build, white 2004 Terminator coupe with 323 miles on it in June of 2006. I paid $31K and she is as mint as the day I bought her. Drove her home to Florida from S.C. and she only has 2011 on the ticker to date. It was below my budget so I didn't have to sell my '98. I couldn't be happier.

I hope you guys are enjoying your cars!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
If I had that much money to spend (which I don't), I'd get the SS instead.:banana_hitit:
No disrespect to SS owners....., but my unsolicited $.02........I don't get the KR or the SS. For 30K the SS is a waste of money, and for 100K+ my two children's college fund the KR is flipping JOKE!

On the other hand, people didn't get it when I got the GT500 with ADM.

If I had the money, I'd take a drive to PA and let EVO transform my GT500 into an 800 RWHP monster!:browsmiley:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
No disrespect to SS owners....., but my unsolicited $.02........I don't get the KR or the SS. For 30K the SS is a waste of money, and for 100K+ my two children's college fund the KR is flipping JOKE!

On the other hand, people didn't get it when I got the GT500 with ADM.

If I had the money, I'd take a drive to PA and let EVO transform my GT500 into an 800 RWHP monster!:browsmiley:
I think the SS is actually a pretty good value for the money.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My thinking was on the lines of, "What could I do for 28K to my vert?". I should have been more clear. For me, the SS package for verts would add no power, as I am at around 600 at the flywheel now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts