24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did it go for in the auction?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay,

I thought it was last weekend along with the B-day bash...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Okay,

I thought it was last weekend along with the B-day bash...
No, they just brought it out then, introduced it or whatever. I took some pictures, but they are terrible! This is the best one I have:

Edit: I was just looking through the pictures and there is another one, Vista Blue, that may be the one that gets auctioned, I don't know. 07 SHELBY can clear it up when he gets back from BJ. This one may actually belong to Mr. Shelby because they presented it like it was a gift to him.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, they just brought it out then, introduced it or whatever. I took some pictures, but they are terrible! This is the best one I have:

Edit: I was just looking through the pictures and there is another one, Vista Blue, that may be the one that gets auctioned, I don't know. 07 SHELBY can clear it up when he gets back from BJ. This one may actually belong to Mr. Shelby because they presented it like it was a gift to him.

The article about the auction at themustangnews.com states:

"This one-of-a-kind ebony GT500KR features a glass roof that will be offered on the 2009 Mustang and racing stripes that continue over the roof; the stripes are etched directly into the glass roof. Carroll Shelby is scheduled to be on stage to hand the car keys to its new owner."

:)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Is it me or does the wing on the KR look like it is off a V-6 Mustang. Also, the 18" Alcoa wheels that are on the black KR are ugly, they look like they should be on a honda, they need to put the 20" Alcoa rims back on.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
It's not the GT500 spoiler. I believe it is unique to the KR - sits flatter than the standard GT500 version. Should make it easier to see out the back window while in reverse.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reverse is no fun anyway.

It REALLY does not have the appeal of the prototype car, at all, whatsoever. WOW, not amused. Please get the 20's back and some silver paint.

Shocked to see those wheels.
jmo

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's not the GT500 spoiler. I believe it is unique to the KR - sits flatter than the standard GT500 version. Should make it easier to see out the back window while in reverse.
You're right about a different rear spoiler. The most recent article about the GT500KR at teamshelby.com states:

"The GT500KR’s aerodynamics were fine-tuned to add 50 pounds of downforce over the front axle and move the center of aero pressure forward in the vehicle to improve high-speed balance and downforce under high-speed braking. A new front splitter design works with the hood and revised rear spoiler to deliver these benefits."

:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you check the pic kindly posted by oldimp and the one that I've attached below, you'll also notice that the exhaust tips are different too.

This other pic shows that this ebony GT500KR has round cannister axle-backs compared to the oval cannister axle-backs on the prototype.

Perhaps this is part of the "one-of-a-kind" treatment as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
If I remember correctly they did mention that the KR's would have 18 inch rims and the SS would have the 20's but I could be wrong either way the 20's look much better

·
Registered
62 Posts
If I remember correctly they did mention that the KR's would have 18 inch rims and the SS would have the 20's but I could be wrong either way the 20's look much better
Why did they put the 18in ALCOA'S on it and not the 20's? C'mon guys post a photo of the 18in Alcoa's if you have one. :D

·
Registered
235 Posts
You would think as much as the KR costs that they would have kept the unique exhaust and 20 inch rims. They may be afraid of the 20s from a liability standpoint, since the rubber is so skinny with the 20s.

For what that car is going to bring, you'd be better off with a GT500 at MSRP plus the SS package.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I though the action wasn't till saturday but if history repeats Ron Pratte will win the car for about 600k
You are correct sir but I will bet it goes for 800k+:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts

Yes this was his birthday present.I believe this is a 40th anniversary.Here is another picture from Barrett-Jackson.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just sold for 550K to Ron Pratt.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
The 4 top selling cars.......Shelby...Shelby...Shelby and Shelby.Yeh man