Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There's horsepower, and then there's dyno-tested, can't-lie-to-your-friends horsepower. If you want to know how much power a car really makes, you've got to strap it to a dyno and spin it to redline. The guys over at 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords are always eager to find the true horsepower of a car, and so when they took delivery of a GT500KR to review they headed straight to the dyno to see how much power the supercharged V8 is putting out. What they found was somewhat surprising -- the KR produced 509 horsepower and 467.7 lb.-ft. torque to the wheels. Adjusting for an estimated driveline loss of 15 percent, the actual output at the flywheel is 589.82 hp and 550.24 lb-ft torque -- nearly 50 more horsepower and 40 more lb-ft than Ford is claiming. Take that Z06!

Source: Mustang 5.0 Magazine via AutoBlog

Gallery: 2008 Shelby GT500KR

·
Registered
547 Posts
Very cool! :) Thanks for posting that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
live axle

·
Registered
165 Posts
"Take that Z06"???

Sorry, as much as I LOVE my Shelby, I cannot deny that the Z06 is probably the best performance value on the road, and our cars just can't touch 'em.

We've witnessed a stock Z06 on street tires hit the 10's. I don't believe we'll see a KR do that.

·
Registered
867 Posts
How can you take youtube as truth? You cannot confirm/deny any mods.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well since the guy who did do it belongs to one of the largest Vette forums on the internet, and the runs were witnessed by a FEW DOZEN people, and videotaped... I'd tend to believe it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I work for a dealership and we just got ours in. We are getting five!!! !!!If anyone wants any information on it you can send me an email at [email protected] it is Gorgeous!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
+1 on that!!

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Beefcake says his zo6 runs in the tens:zlurking:

·
Registered
8 Posts
hey i just may be able to do that! We are getting four!!!-k well full msrp plus KR package add on :) -about 80k not bad!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm waiting for some snow to clear so I can go pickup my GT500KR in an enclosed trailer. I had no idea they were that stout stock, I still see a little bump in power to the 700 range (flywheel) in the coming months with any luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts