Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does ford have the new KR hood available yet. What is it made of? and of course anyone got a price?? I've see a fiberglass hood, but i don't think it was OEM.

LLoyd

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
465 Posts
The real KR hood is carbon fibre. The cost is supposed to be around 8 grand I believe.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the fiberglass wasn't that bad. 8 grand

lg

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes the KR hood very valuable for a simple bolt on item. Another reason to not leave one unattended.
That hood could be off like a Prom dress.

LLoyd

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I don't believe the carbon fiber KR hood will be for sale from Ford or SAI.
yep - that's what Amy (SAI Prez) posted. something about "never", but we know "never" isn't as long as it used to be. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Ahh... off faster than a prom dress... Next they'll be selling hood-lock bolts with a special design cut into the bolt head....

Speaking of Carbon Fiber, Fiberglass, and Aluminum - how much does each hood weigh? I understand Carbon fiber is probably the lightest, followed by aluminum, then FIberglass would be what I expect. Difference has got to be neglibile (no more than 20 pounds variance ??)

TD

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i understand it to be 15 lbs lighter than the stock gt500 alum hood.

Lloyd

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Ahh... off faster than a prom dress... Next they'll be selling hood-lock bolts with a special design cut into the bolt head....

Speaking of Carbon Fiber, Fiberglass, and Aluminum - how much does each hood weigh? I understand Carbon fiber is probably the lightest, followed by aluminum, then FIberglass would be what I expect. Difference has got to be neglibile (no more than 20 pounds variance ??)

TD
I know my fiberglass hood is 13 lbs. more than stock.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
What's a flywheel damper ?::p
You know what I meant. I've called it that all along, pretty much knowing it was wrong. What does the "unofficial" engine book call it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts