Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.I am new to the forum.I have a question.I get major wheel hop in my 08 GT500.Anyone know the cure for it.I still have the stock goodyears on the car with 9,000 miles.
Obviously 1 st gear is useless but i still get major spin and or hop in 2nd and i am afraid i am going to have the dashboard in my lap eventually.

BTW The car is mostly stock. C&L intake,bassani cat back, upper and lower pulley,diablosport tune,ngk's and some other stuff

·
Registered
202 Posts
upper and lower control arms take care of the wheel hop. Most people on this forum use the J&M.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi everyone.I am new to the forum.I have a question.I get major wheel hop in my 08 GT500.Anyone know the cure for it.I still have the stock goodyears on the car with 9,000 miles.
Obviously 1 st gear is useless but i still get major spin and or hop in 2nd and i am afraid i am going to have the dashboard in my lap eventually.

BTW The car is mostly stock. C&L intake,bassani cat back, upper and lower pulley,diablosport tune,ngk's and some other stuff
Do a search on this issue and you will find a couple of solutions. UCA and LCA will control it but some others have had the same results with a watts link alone; the Fays2 is the cheapest of the bunch and works. LCA and UCA controlled mine but I would go with a watts link if I had to do it again. Between what I had to pay for the UCA, LCA and then an adjustable panhard bar when I lowered the car I could have went with any of the watts links out there and saved money....although an adjustable UCA is needed to change the pinion angle when lowering...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got some UMI upper and lower control arms off ebay and installed them in my garage last week. The upper control arm is a pain. The wheel hop is gone and the car feels tighter. I got them for $179 shipped.
You said your car is mostly stock, then list 6 performance mods lol.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
B&M Billet LCA fixed my hop, but others need both LCA and UCA.

UCA is harder to install - by a LOT.

TD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts