Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest son and I had a lot of fun making this video today. I explain the differences between my 2011 with the Ford Racing 750hp 2.9L Whipple kit and my stock 760hp 2020! I then take both cars out for identical spirited runs! ?

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,718 Posts
Great video, Tim! Really shows how far the GT500 has come since 2011; even with a modded 2011. I still wish Ford would have given us an option for a 6 speed manual but there is no denying the quick shifts and ease of operation that is the DCT. As I told Tim, earlier, I've been taking to the back roads with the GT350 the last few days as there is little traffic. It's been a blast just listening to that exhaust and shifting up and down gears in the corners! Seeing that video reminds me of the past years where Tim and I made some exciting trips enroute to Hermann from Jefferson city. Good times and I'm still pissed that I'm not now in the process of getting ready for my trip to Shelbyfest. Oh well hopefully it will return!

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
869 Posts
Great video, Tim! Really shows how far the GT500 has come since 2011; even with a modded 2011. I still wish Ford would have given us an option for a 6 speed manual but there is no denying the quick shifts and ease of operation that is the DCT. As I told Tim, earlier, I've been taking to the back roads with the GT350 the last few days as there is little traffic. It's been a blast just listening to that exhaust and shifting up and down gears in the corners! Seeing that video reminds me of the past years where Tim and I made some exciting trips enroute to Hermann from Jefferson city. Good times and I'm still pissed that I'm not now in the process of getting ready for my trip to Shelbyfest. Oh well hopefully it will return!
Check out this video ;)

·
Registered
2013 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue. 1962 Mercury Monterey Desert Frost 390/300hp
369 Posts
What a great video Tim!! You showed the big differences between the two cars. I love them both! My wife really loves your 2020. I loved watching the tach on the 2020 during the drag run. Awesome! DCT is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your awesome cars!!

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,059 Posts
Well done, Tim! I definitely enjoyed the vid. The 2011 just sounds like an absolute animal -- loved hearing it coming up from a distance. (y) Definitely could hear the whine more on the 2011 than the 2020. Braking difference was a huge difference, though I wonder if it would have been that severe a difference with the OEM pads on the 2011.

Reactions: Goose17

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,718 Posts
Well done, Tim! I definitely enjoyed the vid. The 2011 just sounds like an absolute animal -- loved hearing it coming up from a distance. (y) Definitely could hear the whine more on the 2011 than the 2020. Braking difference was a huge difference, though I wonder if it would have been that severe a difference with the OEM pads on the 2011.
Kris, Tim has those damned ceramic pads on his 2011 in order to keep him from being hospitalized from OCD delirium tremors concerning brake dust! Hence, the longer stopping distances and brake fade. I drove my stock 2011 quite a few times on the road course and didn't experience brake fade or reduced distances with the stock pads. I think things would have been different with the stock pads.

·
Super Moderator
2021 GT500 Iconic Silver
6,059 Posts
Kris, Tim has those damned ceramic pads on his 2011 in order to keep him from being hospitalized from OCD delirium tremors concerning brake dust! Hence, the longer stopping distances and brake fade. I drove my stock 2011 quite a few times on the road course and didn't experience brake fade or reduced distances with the stock pads. I think things would have been different with the stock pads.
10-4 on that, Mike!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.