Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night I decided to take a drive and came upon a guy on a Honda CBR600... There was no one else around on a well lit road.. He looks over and gives me the nod..:cool: . I gripped down and rev'd her up..(Keep in mind my car is completely stock).. Light turned green and I took off like a bat out of hell... 1st gear I took him:D , 2nd gear I took him till about 5k rpm... Then I saw him starting to pull.:mad: . By the time I hit 3rd I broke the tires free a little but he was already pulling harder... When we got to the next light he looked over and gave me the thumbs up... So I asked you got any work done and he said some motor work and a sprocket... He then said that's one bad azz ride... I gave him the nod and said thanks.. Light turned green and he pulled a wheelie about a mile long.... Just wanted to share my run with you guys.... Now this only pushes me more and more to get the TVS + tune + OD pulley.... What do you guys think, if I was to have the TVS you think I would have taken him.??? I am hoping that once I get the TVS + all the goodies I should be able to take a 750... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2008 Red Super Snake, 2019 Mustang GT
462 Posts
My 2004 Honda 1000RR Does low 10's in the 1/4 mile stock!

And it's not stock. Puts out 155 RWHP and weights 450 LBS.

It's going to be just like anything else. It depends on the rider etc. Even a stock 600 will run very low 11's stock.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He did say he had some motor work and a sprocket... Just trying to convince myself I could take him with a CAI + custom tune + pulley... lol

·
Registered
182 Posts
He probably let you get ahead then nailed it.. power to weight ratio is where it's at & the bikes are about 4 lbs per horse on average, your car 4000 lbs with 500 horse = 8 lbs per horse.. its not a bad thing to lose to a bike. Sounds like the rider knew how to ride with popping the wheel-ee

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh he did definitely know how to ride... I was just happy to take him in 1st and almost thru 2nd...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I NEVER race bikes. Used to but they are just far to unpredictable. Have one get unstable next to you and you are going to never forget picking slivers of leather from your low hanging suspension parts.......

·
Registered
861 Posts
With the TVS and any other mod you are going to have big time traction problems on the street.
JJ

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I would not stress on out running a street bike, they just keep getting faster every year. And add a few mods to them and they become more of a rocket. I tell people all the time if you truly want to experience speed buy a Hayabusa or a ZX14. They run 9's off the showroom floor, top speed 185 unless you removed the limiter, and the bikes cost $ 10,500.00. Hard to get a car to out run those numbers. Doing the mods your talking about could take out the small bikes but 1000 cc and up bikes are going to walk away. I had a new VET last year try and work me over on a straight away with my busa, we were side by side for about 2 seconds and than he was just dust in the wind, I backed off at 150mph just to make my point that his vet has nothing on me, when I turned off down the road he just gave me a nod but he didn't look real happy. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts