Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see a lot of GT500's for sale on the used car market priced higher than a brand new 2009.
(They are in for a sad realization)

There is a guy here locally who has a 2007 with 1100 miles on the clock, he is asking $50,000 come to find out he paid $14,000 over sticker for the car and now he gonna take a beating on it or keep it (his best bet), their is a brand new 2009 GT500 at the local dealer for sale at MSRP of $47,600.

I've seen a couple 2007 GT500's priced in the mid to high 30's.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I see a lot of GT500's for sale on the used car market priced higher than a brand new 2009.

There is a guy here locally who has a 2007 with 1100 miles on the clock, he is asking $50,000 come to find out he paid $14,000 over sticker for the car and now he gonna take a beating on it or keep it (his best bet), their is a brand new 2009 GT500 at the local dealer for sale at MSRP of $47,600.

Have always said these cars are for pure pleasure and as for an investment, NOT! Drive any new vehicle off the lot, with the exception of a few (ie. Ford GT) and you will pay the price. For those who had to be the first on the block, well they paid the price, as with a production of 10,000 units per year for God knows how many years? Well you get the point. None the less I am glad to be a Ford owner rather than a Ford guy in a Chrysler factory. That is assuming you are a Ford guy.:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Those few that are in the 30K range have been forced sales, like divorce. These will hold up better than most as far as depreciation. But, they are not an investment.

I think watching the prices is going to ruin a lot of folks enjoyment of these fine automobiles. I never thought I'd see the day you could by a factory muscle car that is faster and cooler than anything produced in the sixties or seventies.

That is why I bought mine. Before this I had an 03 Mach 1. Everyone thought it was an "investment" too. It did hold up better than most. After 5 years it was worth about 50% of it's original MSRP.

I believe the GT500 will hold up even better. Low mileage 03 Cobras are still commanding decent prices. Around 65% of original MSRP from what I can tell.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Are you sure it's just the ADM he paid or did he drop several thousand in mods into it too? That might explain his pricing...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ADM was $14,000, the car is bone stock.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ford is still building the 09 and when all of the GT500's are gone and the market settles down the price will reflect what the cars are really worth.
Ford lied to those folks that wanted one in the first place by saying two years only and 10,000 cars. I like most wanted the car and didn't think i was going to have a chance to get one with a two year only build and I like many payed over sticker. I would not sell mine for much less than I payed. So I guess that I will have it a long time.
Art

·
Registered
233 Posts
As stated below your entry, entry above this one on the thread, he'd be smart to hang onto it. The '09 build has been cut dramatically, and in two years these cars will be back to where they belong in resale. I like many others don't buy cars for investment purposes, they are purely an optional adrenaline pump. If you want an investment, buy gold or oil, or pretty much any other commodity, and as my wealthy brother says, 'if it floats, f**ks, or flys'; rent it! ;)

The ADM was $14,000, the car is bone stock.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I have a friend in the central florida area selling an 07 with 3kmi and mods already done to it for $43k. He has not been really trying to move the car, but I think his price may be in the ballpark.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Have always said these cars are for pure pleasure and as for an investment, NOT! Drive any new vehicle off the lot, with the exception of a few (ie. Ford GT) and you will pay the price. For those who had to be the first on the block, well they paid the price, as with a production of 10,000 units per year for God knows how many years? Well you get the point. None the less I am glad to be a Ford owner rather than a Ford guy in a Chrysler factory. That is assuming you are a Ford guy.:)
DITTO. I'm with you. I paid the price, 5K, and am still glad I did. Bought her for my own pleasure. And I'm getting exactly what I paid for. 19K miles and enjoying every one. Not happy abt the origional pitch from Ford. But it really doesn't effect the pleasure of my 551 RWHP.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Value will continue to go down as long as Ford continues to produce them. Wait till the order banks open in Jan/09 for the 2010 GT500.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts