Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buying my new Shelby, I looked all over the internet trying to locate the font that Ford used for the GT500 lettering in the side stripes. No luck at all. So I created one and titled it "Venomous". Anyone who would like "Venomous" in TrueType font format can download it from my web site, www.greywolfwebworks.com on the "Free Fonts" page. (While you're there, grab all the fonts you want ... THEY'RE FREE!)

In case you're not sure which lettering I'm talking about, it's the lettering in my signature image below that was used for the white "GT500" in the image.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Cool thanks, but how do you make it available to pick from in MS Word

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Windows Vista or Windows 7
Down load it, open the zip folder, double click, , choose install.
Thanks 'E'. Since I'm still on XP, I wouldn't have had any idea how fonts are installed in Vista or 7.

In case turbo347frd is also still on XP, open the zip file and extract the font file (*.ttf file) to your desktop (or some other chosen download directory). Then, using Windows Explorer (My Computer), drag the file into the C:\WINDOWS\Fonts directory (folder).

Once "installed", you can use the font in any program ... word processing, graphics, etc. ... that uses fonts.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
@The Unitasker I love your sig. :)

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
For anybody who'd ALSO like the "SHELBY" lettering to scale, here you go.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,212 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
4,112 Posts
You got that right, the referred too website no longer exists. To bad I would like to get a copy of the font.

Reactions: Norton

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Send me a PM with your email info...I should have the font saved. It's not truly identical to the Shelby font (otherwise there would be copyright issues), but it is close.

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
4,112 Posts
Thanks, PM sent.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,212 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reviving the thread again, as I'd love a copy too and can't find it anywhere. Could someone provide a link, or I can PM someone for a copy?

I'm happy to host it for people to download in the future too.

·
Premium Member
8,253 Posts
Reviving the thread again, as I'd love a copy too and can't find it anywhere. Could someone provide a link, or I can PM someone for a copy?

I'm happy to host it for people to download in the future too.
Hello Jamie! Welcome to the GT500 Forum! Here is a link to the New Members Area, where you can learn about the Forum and how it operates:
New Member Introductions - Ford Shelby GT500 Forum

Your first two posts will not show up until they have been approved by a Moderator......please have patience.......thank you! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts