Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2021 Shelby GT500 Carbonized Gray
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I will be attending the GT500 Track Attack in 2.5 weeks. Aug 5th & 6th.
Is anyone going to be there????!

Anyone have any feedback or any 鈥榳ould of, could of, should of? This will be my first time on ANY track 馃槢

Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
There are a couple of threads on here with some good info/suggestions.

I just got back from it in early July. Although it was raining in the morning we still went out on the track. Hydrate the night before and drink plenty of water during the track day, they provide it. It will be warm in Aug. Wear loose clothing like shorts and a T-shirt because you will be wearing a racing suit. Listen to the instructors and trust the car.
I would purchase the video package so you can get some cool footage from the in car camera's.

Bottom line, have fun.

Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
Hi! I will be attending the GT500 Track Attack in 2.5 weeks. Aug 5th & 6th.
Is anyone going to be there????!

Anyone have any feedback or any 鈥榳ould of, could of, should of? This will be my first time on ANY track 馃槢
I moved your thread to our racing section. There are other threads here with good discussions about this awesome day! As Geoff said, it will be HOT there in August! The drag strip runs are done with the windows up and AC off. You will be wearing a fire suit and a helmet. Hydration will be vital!

If you get the video package, pay attention to the red recording light to make sure it is working throughout the day. Manually start it going up to the line for the drag racing portion or you won鈥檛 record the initial part of the launch (it activates on speed).

Watch my video... you鈥檒l see what you are up for and pay attention to the Roval... learn the track before you go:

Registered
21 GT500, 19 Z06, 20 Bolt EV
Hope you have a blast! Staying hydrated would probably be my #1 priority if going in August. We were originally planning to go this month but decided to hold out for a possible session in the Fall. I do see they have a 2-day event scheduled in October so hopefully they will add some more of the 1-day events as well. If not, Spring of 2022 will be our next opportunity.

Registered
2021 Shelby GT500 Carbonized Gray
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did all of you stay at the partner hotel? Im looking to be around a lot of retail and spa as I am bringing my wife. Any suggestions?

Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
I stayed at the partner hotel, but my wife was on the Guest package - so she was with me all day.
We really didn't do much, except meals, out - so I can't help there.

Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
Same as Phillip (DKnight) mentioned.

Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
Did all of you stay at the partner hotel? Im looking to be around a lot of retail and spa as I am bringing my wife. Any suggestions?
I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites both times. It was cheaper and from what I heard about the Embassy, it was nicer. I called the manager (Eric from what I remember) and explained why I was going. He gave me a discount... $85/night.

Reactions: DKnight
1 - 8 of 8 Posts