Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm a new member and sadly do not own one. Can't see paying that un-godly 20+k extra and am waiting for all the gotta-have-it-nows to finish, which brings me to my question.

I read sometime ago that the run was for 3 years?? If so, is their going to be changes from 07 to 08 models?? I don't see anything about how many are to be built and for how long.

If I can find one for 5k over, I can live with that.

By the way, I live in So. Cal.......Where are all you drivers at?? I have only seen ONE on the road!!!

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can find this info on the forums already using the search functionality... but the long and short is, next year is as confirmed as anything can get at Ford SVT. The third year is an option on the contract, and I'd not hold my breath on it.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hello all,
I'm a new member and sadly do not own one. Can't see paying that un-godly 20+k extra and am waiting for all the gotta-have-it-nows to finish, which brings me to my question.

I read sometime ago that the run was for 3 years?? If so, is their going to be changes from 07 to 08 models?? I don't see anything about how many are to be built and for how long.

If I can find one for 5k over, I can live with that.

By the way, I live in So. Cal.......Where are all you drivers at?? I have only seen ONE on the road!!!

Thanks
Ron

Ron,
All info is here but the only difference between 2007 and 2008 is the DVD/NAV system.10,800 units for 2007,2008 and yes 2009.I am in Michigan.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
In Pa. Ron. North Central part of the state. Only one sold from my dealer, and the same from dealers in three other cities in this area.

Big cities have a lot more running around. And some, as you know can't sell them for the amount they want.

You should have one. There's not much I can say to explain HER except WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!

Joe

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the 10,800 per year or a total?? I'm thinking year. I thought I read that 30k was going to be the output.
Ron

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Is the 10,800 per year or a total?? I'm thinking year. I thought I read that 30k was going to be the output.
Ron
Yes, 10,800 is the MY 2007 total.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Yes, 10,800 is the MY 2007 total.
Hey Mr Pres......

Do you think production will continue with the cutbacks announced on the news?

Really hope that this mess doesn't effect you guys that really have been helping us out on these threads,,:)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Hey Mr Pres......

Do you think production will continue with the cutbacks announced on the news?

Really hope that this mess doesn't effect you guys that really have been helping us out on these threads,,:)
Good question. A guy on another board talked to Ralph a while ago, and Ralph said Shelby production has dropped to 40 per day (vs. 50 per day earlier). He also said Ford will fulfill all current allocations and orders, but no additional "share-of-nation" allocations will be built. That leads me to believe the 10,800 number might be high. This won't mess with anyone with orders placed, but it might affect those hoping to get a share-of-nation allocation.

Amy Boylan (pres of Shelby Autos) has said repeatedly that Ford will build a 2008 Shelby and there is an option to continue through 2009. I'm of the opinion that the 2009 won't happen (in its current form :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
275 Posts
Good question. A guy on another board talked to Ralph a while ago, and Ralph said Shelby production has dropped to 40 per day (vs. 50 per day earlier). He also said Ford will fulfill all current allocations and orders, but no additional "share-of-nation" allocations will be built. That leads me to believe the 10,800 number might be high. This won't mess with anyone with orders placed, but it might affect those hoping to get a share-of-nation allocation.

Amy Boylan (pres of Shelby Autos) has said repeatedly that Ford will build a 2008 Shelby and there is an option to continue through 2009. I'm of the opinion that the 2009 won't happen (in its current form :rolleyes: ).
So 2008 is a definite production year right? Lots of rumors as to what ford intends to do with the 2008 gt500. Hopefully the price won't skyrocket. GGBIW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts