Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie here, but have a lot of Mustangs ( a 1966 GT conv and a 2006 GT conv. with Saleen SC) anyway... a few months back I was seriously in the hunt for a GT500 conv., but with the only ones I could find being 10-20K over sticker I gave up and decided to just enjoy my other Stangs.

Funny email comes to me today from a dealer I spoke with months ago... I offered them MSRP (yes, I know, I know... but if you don't try you never get) so the email today says they will take my offer on the GT500 they still have not been able to sell (they were asking 15K over sticker).

So do you folks think GT500 prices are coming down, or is this just a fluke where the dealership wants it gone???

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm a newbie here, but have a lot of Mustangs ( a 1966 GT conv and a 2006 GT conv. with Saleen SC) anyway... a few months back I was seriously in the hunt for a GT500 conv., but with the only ones I could find being 10-20K over sticker I gave up and decided to just enjoy my other Stangs.

Funny email comes to me today from a dealer I spoke with months ago... I offered them MSRP (yes, I know, I know... but if you don't try you never get) so the email today says they will take my offer on the GT500 they still have not been able to sell (they were asking 15K over sticker).

So do you folks think GT500 prices are coming down, or is this just a fluke where the dealership wants it gone???
They are coming down, not really sure on how much. I bought mine on ebay in june and paid 6k over. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I think it kinda depends on where you are. Prices in the sunny states (CA, AZ, FL) seem to be pretty high still. Prices in other states do seem to be coming down. Some dealers in the Denver area are still trying to get $20K+ over MSRP.

I just looked up the '07 GT500 on KBB.com with my mileage (1,900), and it came back with a "Retail Value" of $66,230. :eek: 35% ROI in 4 months is not too shabby. I might have to sell the old girl...NOT! :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think it kinda depends on where you are. Prices in the sunny states (CA, AZ, FL) seem to be pretty high still. Prices in other states do seem to be coming down. Some dealers in the Denver area are still trying to get $20K+ over MSRP.

I just looked up the '07 GT500 on KBB.com with my mileage (1,900), and it came back with a "Retail Value" of $66,230. :eek: 35% ROI in 4 months is not too shabby. I might have to sell the old girl...NOT! :D
Agree with the PREZ on this one. All seems to depend upon location. Interesting because this subject keeps surfacing. Mike you may want to do a search on the board because not too long ago this subject was heavily debated.

I think the timeframe was sometime within the last two weeks. Size of the dealer, I think, will also factor on whether or not you get a better deal. Just my $.02.

flip

·
Registered
164 Posts
I say if you can get one at msrp go for it. I paid 5k over but I got to order mine the way I wanted her but if i wasn't getting my choice of color and specs I would not pay more than msrp. I do have to say that i got in early on the lists like a lot of the guys here but to each their own.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I say if you can get one at msrp go for it.
I agree. In fact, you could probably grab one used with 1000 or 2000 miles for $3K or $4K under MSRP from a private party. Even so, personally I'd rather have brand spanking new @MSRP. *If there are more than 20 original odometer miles on the dealer vert, ask for a few more bucks off MSRP.

Have the dealer throw in tire insurance & do the deal before someone else grabs it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i still have yet to hear of a private party selling below or even @ msrp. everything i've seen they still are getting over msrp on used ones. (for the most part)

·
Registered
147 Posts
i still have yet to hear of a private party selling below or even @ msrp. everything i've seen they still are getting over msrp on used ones. (for the most part)
Yes, I just verified this and almost can't believe it. I must admit that patience is a "VIRTUE" and if one can simply hold out until a car comes along with say a couple hundred miles on them or a thousand or so, you will get a awesome awesome deal. I did a search on Autoconnect.com and there are private parties including dealerships that are offering the GT500 a couple $K below MSRP. This also includes the 2008.

What is going on here as it is amazing?:confused: The car hadn't been out toooo long.

Anyway, I'm happy with my $7K over MSRP as I was the 1st owner.

By the way Mike, WELCOME to the board.

flip

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have been looking for a second gt500 vert and have located from private owners $3k-$4k under sticker in the northeast

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi my name is david and on 9/14/07 i bought my gt500 whitch is black with the white stripes for msrp in jackson ms at watson ford. it has ambiet lighting and hid lights and upgraded interior it listed for 45585 and is a 08 model all the other gt500 sold in our area had been sold for 15 -20 thousand adm i knew the car was coming in and the dealer said that they would let me make offer on the cars adm the car came in on monday i waited till friday at 6pm to go look at it i offered them 1 dollar above msrp they told me i was crazy i said bye that i didn/t need it anyway they said they would to sell the car and since i was goint to drive it and not try to put it up they would sell it me for 5000 adm itold them i could wait longer to get one . anyway i bought it 10 minutes later for msrp plus tax and 5$ insp fee and 5$ filing fee they didn/t even charge a doc fee so yes the prices are coming down are i just had good fortune

jxnvett

·
Registered
12 Posts
Paid @ 3k over today. I love it.
MSRP is what I'm slated to pay for the 08 that's on order.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Prez,

I did the same search and you were right on.:D As we all know, Kelly Blue Book is the definitive source of vehicle appraisal service and this says something to me. Regardless of whether we paid msrp or 20K+ over, I think its clear that all of us purchased something that has true value. :cool: And regardless, value is what we make of it - in other words what it means to us, and we all know the true value of this car is much higher than what is listed on Kelly Blue Book.:D ;) :D All I can say is that the only way that anyone will get my Shelby is if they pull it from my dead cold hands.:(

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
All I can say is that the only way that anyone will get my Shelby is if they pull it from my dead cold hands.:(
You got that right, brother!

The other benefit of a high KBB value is that my insurance company bases replacement value on the KBB numbers. I paid $48K out the door, and it's insured for $66K.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts