Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am patiencely waiting the arrival of my GT500, meanwhile I wanted to have a link for when people start seeing them on the street to post here where and when you saw a real 500. This will give us an idea when to
start expecting them at our local dealership.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I see them everyday in flatrock,mi.,but don't expect to see them at the dealerships for a few months.Ford isn't taking orders till the end of April.Whatever the dealer tells you,not one has been ordered yet.Dealers have the order guides online from Ford but no dealer has the price guide yet.They will get that at the end of April.The 1st production car isn't scheduled to be built till June 1st.We can only make about 7 an hour if we have all the parts and no rework.They probably won't be released till the end of August at the earliest,they are an 07 model.Last but not least it depends where you are on the food chain.Let's say your dealer gets 5 Shelby's and you are #4 on his list.He may get his 1st one in Nov 06 but might might not get his 4th one till June of 07.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I disagree with orders placed by Ford dealers.
I am looking at my vehicle order confirmation placed on 3/24/06 which was done on line by my dealership here in New York.

Prices may not be available, but orders are being generated by dealerships despite pricing information.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Sorry, technically you are right.The dealer can generate an order online.He can order 10 online.Then they sit in an online order bank till Ford tells them what their Shelby allocation is,which will be at the end of April.If Ford says dealer x gets an allocation of 2 ,they will get 2 out of the 10 the dealer ordered.They still have 8 in the online bank that are ordered but they will never get them.The other 2 that are ordered , 1 might be built in Dec. "06"and the 2nd one might be built in July of "07".

·
Registered
11 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Sorry, technically you are right.The dealer can generate an order online.He can order 10 online.Then they sit in an online order bank till Ford tells them what their Shelby allocation is,which will be at the end of April.If Ford says dealer x gets an allocation of 2 ,they will get 2 out of the 10 the dealer ordered.They still have 8 in the online bank that are ordered but they will never get them.The other 2 that are ordered , 1 might be built in Dec. "06"and the 2nd one might be built in July of "07".

Exactly right. I can put in as many Shelby orders as I want. What you have is a confirmation that Ford received the order. It is not confirmation that the order has been or will be scheduled. You should receive a different notice when it is submitted to plant. Then another when it is scheduled and so on until it's been delivered.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Thanks for the additional information. How does Ford determine the order of production for online orders received from their dealerships?

Is it a random choice, placement of order, or a priority assigned by the dealership?

Thanks once again for your input.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I gave my dealer a 5K deposit in January of 05 yes 2005 of course at that time I was just wanting a cobra not knowing that it was going to be called a Shelby. I am for sure first in line at this dealership noboby had money down on the table in Jan of 05. I filled out my order form in Mar, the same day that he received them he was on the phone with me, so I feel real good about the whole deal. And of course I ask him about the Over MSRP prices they will be getting and he will also be doing that some what BUT mine is still MSRP because of the deposit so early and I am dealing with the owner so unless he dies or sells the dealership I am batter up :) Not sure where he is in the food chain for getting one but his dealership is big and has sold a few of the GT40's so he said that he will be on the list for one but only time will tell. I will post pictures whenever it comes to be.

Busababy

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Local dealer is telling people that the first Shelby will be on his lot in November, of course MotorTrend and Car & Driver tell you June -July which I emailed MotorTrend to ask how they get there date releases, the lady told me that date comes from the Compaines Ford, Chevy, Dodge releases that information to them at press release. I would think since Ford and GM are having problems with low sales that as soon as one can start it will be shipped out to a dealer to start making some money.

Hurry Up Ford...!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts