Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at options to improve my car. Like to get feedback and comments from you guys.

Handling upgrades
============
Since it is a vert, I find the handling a little on the soft side, and the body seems to flex more than i like around turns.

While improving handling, I also like to lower the car as it looks too jacked up.

I am looking at the Ford Racing GT500 handling pack, what do you guys think? Are there other options I should look at with reputable dealers in my area? After sales support is important for me in case there are complications.

Power
=====
I am looking at Ford racing power upgrade pack (CAI, Tune, Muffler). What do you think. The only reason considering this is because there is warranty from Ford. Does ford racing support pully upgrades?

I read about similar kits with tune that bring over 125HP from Steeda, Evo, JLT etc. Are there any dealers in WA that support them? Last thing I want is to have issues and the company is thousands of miles away.

Short Shifter
==========
Ford racing makes 1. but so so many other vendors. Like some feedback.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Doug,

I did the JLT/ Evo Stage I kit. Easy mod to do. JLT stands for Jay and Lisa Tucker. I met them both in April when I went to Virginia to visit a friend. Stand up people with great support. You can't find better people and service. I live here in the NW and Jay explained everything to me over the phone. Very Easy insall, and you will get about 80extra HP to your rear tires.

Here's the kit:

And here it is installed:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The blue JLT Intake is better. It's faster. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would recomend STEEDA, they have great parts, have been in the business for years and you get a good bang for the buck from them. I have used them for years with good results. They have all the parts that you are looking for and are made in house. FRPP just seem to be a bit overpriced for what they offer, there are alwase better options out there. I would not consider the Ford shifter, the STEEDA one is a good unit, I just ordered one the other day. Just my 2 cents, Hisssss

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have eibach under mine and and maaaaaan it holds the road nice. Lowered I1 1/2" in front and 1 3/4" in rear with larger sway bar super stiff can feel a dime in the road. Not the ride for everyone but i like it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check out Lethalperformance.com, Evoperform.com & lightningforceperformance.com They're some of the best ones to look at. Evo is a bit pricey but the others are a bit cheaper. They'll work w/ you on price if you buy a package from them. Can't go wrong w/ JLT either and both Lethal and Evo sell JLT products in a package. For the suspension. If you're going to go w/ FRPP stuff. Check out buyfordmotorsport.com They're cheap and I believe shipping may be free? Exhaust wise. Check out performancepeddler.com I got my Magnaflow Magnapack cat back shipped to my door for $458.10 (normally $632). I purchased my Steeda Tri-Ax from Cody at Stanghi.com for $258.01 to my door. Most of this is as easy as a google search. For install of your parts if you're a novice. Bradscustomauto.com does great work. A little on the pricey side but very knowledgeable group of guys and just plain cool to talk to. I've talked to Brad on many occasions as well as Dane and they've always helped me out even if it was a product they didn't sell or have in stock. Be prepared to wait a little while for an appointment. They do a lot of work. Good luck!

-Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would recomend STEEDA, they have great parts, have been in the business for years and you get a good bang for the buck from them. I have used them for years with good results. They have all the parts that you are looking for and are made in house. FRPP just seem to be a bit overpriced for what they offer, there are alwase better options out there. I would not consider the Ford shifter, the STEEDA one is a good unit, I just ordered one the other day. Just my 2 cents, Hisssss

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am in Virginia for a couple months of training and saw that JLT was about a mile down the road. Stopped in and talked to Jay. By far the best customer service I have ever had. Their intake is beautiful. And they offer much more than just the intake. Tunes, suspension, dress up parts, and a lot of great advice. He is an honest, down to earth guy. You can't go wrong.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How did you accomplish the tuning for the JLT CAI enhancement? I understand it does require tuning. This is the JLT that I'm considering.
JLT Carbon Fiber BIG AIR Intake (07-09 GT500) *Tuning Required
Thanks in advance for your feedback. :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
How did you accomplish the tuning for the JLT CAI enhancement? I understand it does require tuning. This is the JLT that I'm considering.
JLT Carbon Fiber BIG AIR Intake (07-09 GT500) *Tuning Required
Thanks in advance for your feedback. :)
When you buy the tune and JLT intake it comes with a handheld tuner that you plug into the car and download the tune into the cars brain.

I suggest that you get a tune from VMP. VMP also sells the JLT intake so you could get it as a kit. I higlly suggest you do a pulley with it. Where in
WA do you live ? If you were near Vancouver WA, perhaps I could give you a hand. I just did the work on my wifes GT500. Went with the VMP tune, pulley and Ford racing CAI that VMP sells. I have the JLT and VMP pulley on my car too. Here are some pic's of both motors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank you for the feedback and sharing your experience. I'm located on the Olympic Peninsula in Port Angeles. I know where you are which is just across the river from Portland, about a 5 hour drive from me. Is there a reason you didn't go with the VMP unit, other then is does not look as good as the JLT...
Did you get the pulley tool? Thanks....
Are you aware of the new Ridge MotorSports raceway being built in Shelton, WA? Four lane quarter mile track along with a road cross track. I plan on running my 1969 Mach I 408 stroker drag car there this coming season.....:)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I am not aware of that new raceway. I do have the pulley removal tool. My wife likes the look of the Ford Racing Intake and that is why we went with it. It has more of a stock Ford Racing look.

JLT has some nice big tubes on the market now. VMP also carries them. BJ is a VMP guy on this site and he is a big help in placing an order. There website is very easy to navigate also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts