Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
2021 GT500 White Blue Stripes (Kona Blue Stripes)
No warmup period for me - the first time I took the car out things clicked almost immediately. I understood what the fuss was all about. Been in love with the car ever since.
DITTO, got mine 1.5 weeks ago, LOVE it!! Shifts WAY faster with this kick ass DCT trans., than my 2019 C7 ZR1 in Sebring Orange, with the big wing full on racing package (which is my first love). And my beloved new 2021 Shelby is WAY more tame than my untamable 2010 Snakeskin Green Viper ACR (which is just so raw and rare that it's hard not to Love)!

Registered
Same here! The new GT500 would have been neutered with a manual transmission. I totally dig the DCT! 馃
I agree Goose, but for those who love to row the gears (and you know there are a lot of them out there just look at how manual cars bring that much more money/demand) a stick shift tans. would have been a gas in this car, and although the DCT would destroy it in every type of race or timed event for many folks you just can't beat the fun factor of rowing your own gears. I think Ford should have offered this car as an option with a 6 speed manual tremec trans. (similar to what our Gen 4 Vipers came with), as many would have loved to have that choice. That all being said I would have gone for the the DCT all the way because I am into having the fastest possible car, and the fact that my left knee is shot is a secondary factor. Lol.

Registered
Autos win races. That being said I am on the manual connection based on pure driving experience and enjoyment from the 3rd pedal/shifter. Ultimately guided my decision to go for the 2013/14 GT500 over a GTR.

All about personal preference tho.
I totally agree with your statement and thank God I have my 2010 Viper ACR when I want to row the gears but your absolutely right auto will always be considerably faster in these modern super cars, especially these new GT500s with their DCT trans.

Registered
I agree with everything you said. My gt500 was incredibly amazing but for my type of driving and our roads here in Washington I sold my gt500 and got back into another hellcat. Few pics with the drag pack wheels. Love the car. 2021 superstock.
That is one bad ass frost bite Superstock Challenger you have there my friend. You car is Identical to the Demon with it being built specificaly for 1/4 mile performance including the exact same suspension and drag radials that the Demon comes with. The ONLY differenece really is that your bad boy toy does not come with slighlty extra 40 extra HP with the race gas tune, other than that it is a a Demon. I LOVE the redeye challengers and it was a REALLY tuff decision for me to go with my 2021 GT500, especially since it was $18,000 more than a BRAND new Redeye that I could have built for me by Dodge and receive 4 month later. The deal breaker for me is the more sleek body on of the Shelby and that the SHelby excels in both road racing and drag racing, where the superstock and regular redeye only excels on drag racing, and since I believe since I will own this car for at lest 5 or 7 years, in the long run since it is a Shelby which is WAY more rare than a Redeye, it will hold its value much better over those years than the Redeye. That all being said I am confused about your desicion about the road in Washington prompting your decsion, are the roads much more straight line drag race type of roads than other states? Because if there are twisties involved on the roads your on clearly the Shelby out performs the super stock or redeye, but if drag racing and straight line performance is your main objective then that makes sense as you will excel in that department, since your car is esentially a 2018 Dodge Demon, without the extra 40 measly HP with the race gas tune.

Registered
I have a Go Mango hellcat red eye challenger on order (maybe one day it will actually get built鈥) but when and hopefully if does come in I know I鈥檒l fall back in love with the HC. I鈥檝e owned the 5.7, 392, 717hpHC, and now the RedEye. My wife gave me the thumbs up to keep both the Gt500 and the Redeye.
Awesome bro, when did you order the Redeye? I was going to do the same thing but went with the GT 500 but love the Redeyes. I was quoted about 4 to 5 months realistically to get it once it was ordered?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts