·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small Audio Clip.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I don't understand? Is this yor car? because this one looks grey.

anyways it sound sweet!
JJ

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't understand? Is this yor car? because this one looks grey.

anyways it sound sweet!
JJ
It was 12:05 AM New Years Day (morning) That first poping was Fireworks going off. I had the Camera outside my shop with the car inside. so the lighting was not that great!!

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Sounds great.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you do the install yourself? and when will you dyno it and post up the results?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, It's been anout 3 months. Evo Stage 4 about Dynoed it Dec. 1, 561 RWHP.

[email protected] on stock tires.

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, 11.984

I've got the Evo/Whipple 2.9 kit coming in Late Jan. New Rubber is already here. 10.984 is only a matter of time!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Yea, 11.984

I've got the Evo/Whipple 2.9 kit coming in Late Jan. New Rubber is already here. 10.984 is only a matter of time!!
What kinda of tires did you decide to go with and are you going to use the stock rims. I will be buying tires next!
JJ

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the street, I think I'm going to get some Custom Made 19" wheels for the rear so I can put some 345 Goodyear Supercar F1, 18s for the front. For the track I have a set of the MT 315/30/18s ET streets from Lethal so I will get some Rims made to look like the Street rims. That's still a work in progress.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What was the number one mod that allowed you to have such good traction on stock tires? was it upper control arms, lower control arms, driveshaft or what?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have to say the DS. Drive line shutter almost disappeared completely. That was the first Drive line mod I made. The U&LCAs almost made no difference.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have bad wheel hop on accell. I am trying to decide on what to do next. either uppers,lowers, or ds. When you had DS installed, it stopped alot of the wheel hop? what brand DS did you go with and where did you order it from? Thanks.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What you are experiencing is Drive Line Shutter.

I got in on the group but on this site. The Shaft was ordered from Mid Coast Performance. It’s got a sticker on it that says Dynamic Balancing and Repair, 636.578.5306

·
Registered
888 Posts
I have bad wheel hop on accell. I am trying to decide on what to do next. either uppers,lowers, or ds. When you had DS installed, it stopped alot of the wheel hop? what brand DS did you go with and where did you order it from? Thanks.
I don't mean to disagree with Mobeydick, but I and several others have experienced the wheel hop you are seeing. I changed the LCAs already and I thought I had gotten rid of all of it (but didn't), but the guys that changed both the upper and lower control arms mostly say it gets it all. Try doing a search on wheel hop and you should get some good information.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I will have to admit I have changed more components than most(but not all) and the 2 things that rid the dreaded wheel hop are the UCA and LCA.I did change the drive shaft due to the increased HP.If you started modding this car change the driveshaft.

·
Registered
861 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
861 Posts
I understand now. Been there done that! When hitting the clutch you are tapping the brake with them mombo boots. That is what it looked like to me but wasnt sure.
JJ

1 - 20 of 22 Posts