Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ShelbyWise, 07 Shelby, or anyone else: Can you advise what is different in the design of the GT500 that prohibits it from having a "donut" spare like the GT and the V6? :confused:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
The tire won't fit in the trunk even though it has a spot in the trunk.You get road service and an air inflation kit. Here's a picture.

I am sorry you said a donut.You cannot put a donut on a car that goes 155 mph from the factory.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think it's because of the brembo brakes.
I have brembo's on my Acura TL and the donut is of a very special design let me tell you.So I guess considering the size of the tire and the size the brakes makes it impossible to fit the lifesaver in the sheetmetal slot that mustangs have.
This is just a guess but it makes sense.:eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
07 SHELBY said:
The tire won't fit in the trunk even though it has a spot in the trunk.You get road service and an air inflation kit. Here's a picture.

I am sorry you said a donut.You cannot put a donut on a car that goes 155 mph from the factory.

I understand your point, but I wouldn't mind being able to limp down to the next exit if you get my drift.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Ford gives free road service like AAA.I would sure hate to dump the clutch by accident and have that rubber peal off like a bananna and have the car up against a tree after I just waited 2 years to get you know "Shelby".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts