Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ShelbyWise, 07 Shelby, or anyone else: Can you advise what is different in the design of the GT500 that prohibits it from having a "donut" spare like the GT and the V6? :confused:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
The tire won't fit in the trunk even though it has a spot in the trunk.You get road service and an air inflation kit. Here's a picture.

I am sorry you said a donut.You cannot put a donut on a car that goes 155 mph from the factory.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think it's because of the brembo brakes.
I have brembo's on my Acura TL and the donut is of a very special design let me tell you.So I guess considering the size of the tire and the size the brakes makes it impossible to fit the lifesaver in the sheetmetal slot that mustangs have.
This is just a guess but it makes sense.:eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
07 SHELBY said:
The tire won't fit in the trunk even though it has a spot in the trunk.You get road service and an air inflation kit. Here's a picture.

I am sorry you said a donut.You cannot put a donut on a car that goes 155 mph from the factory.

I understand your point, but I wouldn't mind being able to limp down to the next exit if you get my drift.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Ford gives free road service like AAA.I would sure hate to dump the clutch by accident and have that rubber peal off like a bananna and have the car up against a tree after I just waited 2 years to get you know "Shelby".

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
PLEASE LOOK AND VOTE for SPARE TIRE for GT 500-VOTE more than for one answer if it is liked by you. Currently working on a spare tire for 2020 GT 500 that will allow options while traveling or going to track or strip. Look for this poll under wheels and tires. Let your opinions help us design the prototype!

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
388 Posts
Also... its a performance car. They cut weight where ever possible. A spare wheel/tire isn't light and its not necessary to have one, just nice to have. Especially nice to have when you pick up a screw on your way to pick up your wife and take her to the emergency room and then she has to drive herself while you wait for the tow truck that came 3 hours after it was quoted.....

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,747 Posts
This thread is 14 years old and now closed due to age.

Reactions: fletchffletch
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.