Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

341 - 350 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
factory five 1965 AC cobra 5.4 gt50
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
As of last Tuesday It’s officially 100% legal😎.put about 200 miles on it already. Car is extremely dangerous to drive. Took my buddy for a ride today scared the shit out of him with not even 1/2 throttle as I really can’t give it anymore Cause tires Go up in smoke to easily in all gears and then no control.now just working the bugs out. None so far, knock on wood lol.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Congrats I guess. That's proof right there that too much horsepower is a thing.

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
its been a long road and me and a bunch of other gt500 forum members went on the ride with you.
Great build Joe, you got to be proud of that Cobra. Also glad you respect it too. What tires and rear end are you using? Going to a 331 or lower will help and obviously the tires. Goose recommend to me the Toyo R888R's, and they hook real good on my 780rwhp GT500

Reactions: Buttinz and Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,113 Posts
Crazy/awesome! 🤟 :eek:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
its been a long road and me and a bunch of other gt500 forum members went on the ride with you.
Great build Joe, you got to be proud of that Cobra. Also glad you respect it too. What tires and rear end are you using? Going to a 331 or lower will help and obviously the tires. Goose recommend to me the Toyo R888R's, and they hook real good on my 780rwhp GT500
Thank you. rear tires are nitto nt05’s might aswell be a 14” donut lol. Gearing was 3.45 till it broke this morning messing around with the boys on our regulary sun morning Cruz.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,113 Posts
Thank you. rear tires are nitto nt05’s might aswell be a 14” donut lol. Gearing was 3.45 till it broke this morning messing around with the boys on our regulary sun morning Cruz.
Sorry about the break! Are you going with the same gear set?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
Sorry about the break! Are you going with the same gear set?
No, I’m looking into the moser m88 complete rear.im going to call them tomorrow to tell them my setup and see what they think. Shifted from 4th to fifth tires broke loose then after a few feet it hooked hard then I heard the pound clunk lol.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
think I may have put wrong gear oil🤦🏻‍♂️ I used 75w90 synthetic. I’ve done some searching and supposedly ford stopped using weight and changed to 75w140?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats I guess. That's proof right there that too much horsepower is a thing.
There is no such thing as too much power. The problem is not enough tire!

Congrats on completing this build. It looks and sounds amazing. On my bucket list of cars to build one day.

341 - 350 of 350 Posts