Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

301 - 320 of 339 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,414 Posts
How do I post video in my phone? I’m having a hard time
The way I do it is to upload my video to my YouTube channel (I had to create one), and then it’s as easy as Copying the http address and pasting it in your post. I am not aware of a way to direct post to this site like you can do with pictures. Hosting videos on this forum would take a lot more storage than just hosting pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Amazing build and beautiful car! I'm sure it was a packaging nightmare but the result is truly unique, awesome even!
Congrats. It must be adrenaline in a can

·
Registered
factory five 1965 AC cobra 5.4 gt50
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Took cobra around block, here is how car reacts starting in 3rd gear. I can’t use 1st&2nd gear to dangerous lol.so this was first time starting in 3rd and it’s perfect,a lot more controllable only I’m prolly gonna kill the clutch.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Awesome you got to drive the car but that experience is why I got rid of my GT500 for the GT350. All that power isnt as much fun if it's not usable. Hopefully you can find s way to use that power and make the car enjoyable.

From thos who have driven them I always hear that the 289 Cobras were the better driver's cars while the 427 cars were just monster motors that tried to constantly kill you.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Without a doubt car wants to kill me every time it goes out. Literally easily comes out from under me,it’s very scary lol. I own some very powerful cars and this one by far is The only one I’m Uncomfortable with It’s very unpredictable

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
What made you want to go for such a big hp build vs a much cheaper and easier and probably more drivable n/a coyote under the hood?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #311
What made you want to go for such a big hp build vs a much cheaper and easier and probably more drivable n/a coyote under the hood?
Wanted to be different than others and have a 1 off build.And when I was told it couldn’t be done because the motor is too big to fit chassis that gave me even more the reason lol. I had to do a lot of fabricating to get motor to fit and make all new foot boxes and firewall etc.

·
Premium Member
7,929 Posts
Wow...... like trying to drive a funny car with street tires .... toooooo dangerous ... you're gonna have to ship it to some Grandpa in Kansas who'll only use sixth gear out in the wheat field ..... :ROFLMAO:

Ship to:
Gregory Caddy
RR 2
Lenexa, Kansas 66215
.... tell the driver I'm the first white barn past the split pinoak tree with the '55 black Cad sittin' in the carport. Thanks again for the build. Check is in the mail.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Wow...... like trying to drive a funny car with street tires .... toooooo dangerous ... you're gonna have to ship it to some Grandpa in Kansas who'll only use sixth gear out in the wheat field ..... :ROFLMAO:

Ship to:
Gregory Caddy
RR 2
Lenexa, Kansas 66215
.... tell the driver I'm the first white barn past the split pinoak tree with the '55 black Cad sittin' in the carport. Thanks again for the build. Check is in the mail.
?. You can take for a ride when I make a shelbyfest just make sure you have a change of pants?lmao??

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,689 Posts
Took cobra around block, here is how car reacts starting in 3rd gear. I can’t use 1st&2nd gear to dangerous lol.so this was first time starting in 3rd and it’s perfect,a lot more controllable only I’m prolly gonna kill the clutch.
I like wild and that is crazy WILD! I got worried for you seeing the ass-end step out on such a narrow street with cars parked close by... I’d sure hate to see you slide into something and ruin all of your hard work.

Have fun... be careful!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #315
So back to this. All new idler pulleys,Belts,alt and whine is still there??‍♂. I thought for sure this was my problem,guess not. Can it be the water pump That makes that noise? its only when I rev motor, quiet on idle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Joe

Not sure about the whine ......I assume all the accessory pulleys etc are all in the same location as a stock GT500 would be. If you didnt change anything you shouldnt have a whine .... bad bearing ???

What rear gears are u running ..... could always change those out

·
Premium Member
7,929 Posts
So back to this. All new idler pulleys,Belts,alt and whine is still there??‍♂. I thought for sure this was my problem,guess not. Can it be the water pump That makes that noise? its only when I rev motor, quiet on idle.
Maybe it's just me, but that seems like the normal "supercharger whine" we all love to hear ????

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
Joe

Not sure about the whine ......I assume all the accessory pulleys etc are all in the same location as a stock GT500 would be. If you didnt change anything you shouldnt have a whine .... bad bearing ???

What rear gears are u running ..... could always change those out
Sound is coming from front of motor. Rear is fine.as soon as I take acc belt off it’s quiet. Powersteering makes no noise even when turn the wheel so only other thing can be is water pump I’m thinking? But again there’s only 3500 miles on motor so how can it be bad

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Ok.so I went a bought a tool I never though I’d use lol, A stethoscope. Turns out noise is in fact the powersteering pump. What confuses me is why no noise on idle or when turn the wheel only when rpm is higher? Isn’t that odd?
thanks

301 - 320 of 339 Posts