Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

281 - 283 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
I cannot burp the coolant system🤦🏻‍♂️ I tried everything Squeezing the lower hose,lifting front of car and still air in there Temp guage not moving From cold position.Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
I cannot burp the coolant system🤦🏻‍♂️ I tried everything Squeezing the lower hose,lifting front of car and still air in there Temp guage not moving From cold position.Anyone have an idea?
The two small hoses at the upper most part of the coolant system that T into one hose and connect to the top of the radiator coolant reservoir are supposed to do that function. As long as those two fittings/nipples are at the highest point in the engine cooling system, all air "should" make its way to that highest point and then to the reservoir for the degas function.

There should be nothing higher in the cooling system than those two nipples on the lower intake, this means that the heater core, and any other cooling system lines/hoses must be below those two nipples. Once the thermostat opens, the coolant "should" push the air through the system and it will make its way to those two high points.

R

·
Premium Member
7,684 Posts
281 - 283 of 283 Posts