Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

281 - 300 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
factory five 1965 AC cobra 5.4 gt50
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
I cannot burp the coolant system??‍♂ I tried everything Squeezing the lower hose,lifting front of car and still air in there Temp guage not moving From cold position.Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I cannot burp the coolant system??‍♂ I tried everything Squeezing the lower hose,lifting front of car and still air in there Temp guage not moving From cold position.Anyone have an idea?
The two small hoses at the upper most part of the coolant system that T into one hose and connect to the top of the radiator coolant reservoir are supposed to do that function. As long as those two fittings/nipples are at the highest point in the engine cooling system, all air "should" make its way to that highest point and then to the reservoir for the degas function.

There should be nothing higher in the cooling system than those two nipples on the lower intake, this means that the heater core, and any other cooling system lines/hoses must be below those two nipples. Once the thermostat opens, the coolant "should" push the air through the system and it will make its way to those two high points.

R

·
Premium Member
7,929 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,414 Posts
Run the number on line to see what pops up. I can’t read it.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,414 Posts
So you need the SN off your engine, right? I don't remember where you got the motor. What year GT500? Knowing that may allow a search to confirm where the SN is located. Have you tried asking your local dealership by chance?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
So you need the SN off your engine, right? I don't remember where you got the motor. What year GT500? Knowing that may allow a search to confirm where the SN is located. Have you tried asking your local dealership by chance?
2007. Came out of a totaled gt500 with 3300 miles on it. Yes 3300 not 33k lol. I have title to car along with print out of inspection dates to verify mileage to cluster with state. If this can help

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
Okay we getting somewhere now. I found this stcker on old valve cover and 2nd pic on block. The 1 number is the same on both, is that my engine serial #?
thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,929 Posts
Okay we getting somewhere now. I found this stcker on old valve cover and 2nd pic on block. The 1 number is the same on both, is that my engine serial #?
thanks
They call that the "running number" in the decipher code, so I imagine that is your serial number. Built December 9, 2006. Other than that info, it's hard to find anyone that refers to a "serial number"????

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
besides paint and some powder coating the cobra is officially finished?. Once I Recieve my SC/Rad reservoir I’m having made I’ll send pieces for powdercoat.my plan is to enjoy car this season work all the lil bugs out of it if any and send for paint the winter. Ignore the stupid back up light ??‍♂ I needed to put on for inspection,after I get it’s coming off lol. Main thing is thank you to everyone on forum who helped me with with all my issues I came across and answered all my questions,much appreciated I couldn’t have done it without this group???

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,049 Posts
Curious. Is this a Factory Five kit? I have a ‘65 289 and considering a Factory Five 289 USRRC. Would be a fun little corner carver. Weber carbs would be a must.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Curious. Is this a Factory Five kit? I have a ‘65 289 and considering a Factory Five 289 USRRC. Would be a fun little corner carver. Weber carbs would be a must.
Yes it’s the mk3.1 body.Sounds like a good plan,deff would be a fun course car.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,689 Posts
281 - 300 of 339 Posts