Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't think I would ever do this , but I am putting my GT500 up for sale. My disability is just too much to overcome and I can't really enjoy this car the way it should be enjoyed. I have a damaged nerve in my left leg which has left me with no calf muscle so I don't have much strength in my clutch leg. I haven't had a standard car in over 25 years so I should have known better. The car has the Shaker 500, interior upgrade, and top stripe delete. It has the side stripe in silver. I just went over 4000 miles(with most of it being highway driving) and I changed the oil at 2000. I have Jason's tune from VMP, and just ordered the signed Dash Plaque from Shelby. I also have a full size spare that fits in the spare well in the trunk with the wheel that works in the front. I also have a front license plate with no holes drilled in the bumper.
I want $52,500. If interested call me at (940)300-5760 and ask for Gordon.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Gordon, crap dude, I think I speak for all of us when we say we're sorry to hear it.

Assuming it's just about your clutch leg, I know a couple of people involved in custom modifying cars for non-traditional drivers, and I bet you we can get you a modified/hand-lever clutch setup.

I'll PM you more details, but hopefully we can keep the joy....

And, even if not, you will be bringing someone else joy, so it's not all-bad. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the thought, but it just wouldn't be the same. I'll probably look at the Automatic Shelby GT's, but once you've had the best..........

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I didn't think I would ever do this , but I am putting my GT500 up for sale. My disability is just too much to overcome and I can't really enjoy this car the way it should be enjoyed. I have a damaged nerve in my left leg which has left me with no calf muscle so I don't have much strength in my clutch leg. I haven't had a standard car in over 25 years so I should have known better. The car has the Shaker 500, interior upgrade, and top stripe delete. It has the side stripe in silver. I just went over 4000 miles(with most of it being highway driving) and I changed the oil at 2000. I have Jason's tune from VMP, and just ordered the signed Dash Plaque from Shelby. I also have a full size spare that fits in the spare well in the trunk with the wheel that works in the front. I also have a front license plate with no holes drilled in the bumper.
I want $52,500. If interested call me at (940)300-5760 and ask for Gordon.

Gordon,
Sorry to hear about your ailments.I hope everything goes well and I wish you the best.God Bless......................FRED.......................................

·
Registered
933 Posts
dsabldvt,

Gordon, that is very sad news to hear.

I sure you got to enjoy those 4,000 miles to the best of your abilities.

As Jonsey, said you will no doubt 'bring someone else joy'.

Let us know how the Shelby GT works out for you.

All the best!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the responses and thoughts. I have really enjoyed the car and may regret my decision some day, but a part of me says it is the best decision. I don't regret my decision right now, and actually feel good about it knowing someone hopefully will get to enjoy it too. Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it. Gordon

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Thanks for all the responses and thoughts. I have really enjoyed the car and may regret my decision some day, but a part of me says it is the best decision. I don't regret my decision right now, and actually feel good about it knowing someone hopefully will get to enjoy it too. Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it. Gordon
DSABLDVT- I Know you're a man I would like to meet. The honorable way you're handling this comes from a deep place. You're parents did well raising you. And Thanks for you're service to "OUR COUNTRY" I salute you, wish you well, say prayer for you and hope for more like you, and ask that you don't leave the FORUM. You're needed here too...................Joe

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
DSABLDVT- I Know you're a man I would like to meet. The honorable way you're handling this comes from a deep place. You're parents did well raising you. And Thanks for you're service to "OUR COUNTRY" I salute you, wish you well, say prayer for you and hope for more like you, and ask that you don't leave the FORUM. You're needed here too...................Joe

I concur.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts