Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Members,

Hi I have been looking at a few pictures of the GT500 2010 model, and having looked at the speedometer the maximum dial reaches 160MPH. I think?

Please clarify me if I am wrong.
Presuming the max dial speed is 160MPH, what is the unlimited speed?

Comparing this to the Nissan GTR 2009 model, the dial speed is over 200MPH?

If any of the above information is wrong in anyway please clarify this for me.

Also one of my friends is getting the 2009 GTR, he keeps going on about how great it is, can you tell me some advantages of the Ford Shelby GT500 2010 over the GTR.

Thank you
Mith

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Dear Members,

Hi I have been looking at a few pictures of the GT500 2010 model, and having looked at the speedometer the maximum dial reaches 160MPH. I think?

Please clarify me if I am wrong.
Presuming the max dial speed is 160MPH, what is the unlimited speed?

Ford will govern these cars to 155 MPH

Comparing this to the Nissan GTR 2009 model, the dial speed is over 200MPH?

If any of the above information is wrong in anyway please clarify this for me.

Also one of my friends is getting the 2009 GTR, he keeps going on about how great it is, can you tell me some advantages of the Ford Shelby GT500 2010 over the GTR.

Approx. $30,000 cheaper, and a six speed manual. Honestly out of the box the GTR is a SUPERCAR. It will out brake, corner, accelerate our GT 500's all day long. On the astetic value, the GT 500 is one of the best looking cars on the market! IMHO! Plus avaliable in a Conv.!

Thank you
Mith

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yup, TopSpeed confirmed it governs at max speed of a little over 155 (governor kicks in but regardless) I think they hit 157.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think i remember reading the 2007 was 190 +-5mph

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
GT-Rs are not as fast as the original test cars the magazines got,They have the dreaded black box which has caused warranty coverage issues-Mainly transmission problems.Stay tuned to this one as it will surely get interesting.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not to jack this thread, but do any of the aftermarket tuners remove the speed limiter? I'd assume all of them did, but since no one has mentioned it....?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, they can remove the speed limiter. I have heard of 03's hitting 200 mph but it was not recommended. I am sure the GT500's can easily go up to 200 but the engines do not like those speeds or high rpm's around 6600+.

·
Registered
11 Posts
its made in america and its a ford.thats all the advantages it needs over the gtr

·
Registered
5 Posts
purists prefer rwd over awd. They also prefer manual shifts to automatic/SMG/Nintendo transmissions.
"Launch Control"
search youtube for "Hitler GT-R"

·
Registered
165 Posts
The GT-R can run circles around us, no doubt about it. Stock for stock there simply is no comparison.

But again, you're looking at a car that sticker for sticker is $30k MORE than the Shelby. For $30k I can make my Shelby take down a Ferrari too... so fair is fair.

They have severe transmission/warranty issues that have crippled them. Awesome car in concept, but bad planning and execution on Nissan's part.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The GT-R can run circles around us, no doubt about it. Stock for stock there simply is no comparison.

But again, you're looking at a car that sticker for sticker is $30k MORE than the Shelby. For $30k I can make my Shelby take down a Ferrari too... so fair is fair.

They have severe transmission/warranty issues that have crippled them. Awesome car in concept, but bad planning and execution on Nissan's part.
Not only bad planning on Nissan's part, bad customer service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts