Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone installed Ford GTcams in their GT500 and have a before and after comparison on the Dyno and/or Drag Strip?hydro

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did you ever get an answer ? ,,, I want to do it but no one seems to have any info.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had them installed last year when Tasca built the SCJ. Don't have a before or after
comparison on the Dyno. But after all the engine mods it made 723rwhp with the TVS on 93 pump.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Was that on a SCJ or a GT500? What were all the mods? 723 on 93 is a ton with a TVS.

I know there are a couple of forum members that have done cams.

TD

·
Registered
191 Posts
One of the guys I know in Edmonton did every mod as a step with dyno and tunes in between; he said he got about 40 HP by doing the cams but also said he would not do it again for the money. The cams themselves aren't that bad price wise but it is a ton of labour and he said it wasn't worth it.

He said if he did the rods as well and was going to remove the rev limiter is where they felt the real potential was; it breathed a lot better on the top end they felt. This was done after he had a KB on it and a twin (BBK I think) 66 (maybe 65...can't remember for sure) mm TB. Not sure what the gains would be without those two mods but the range I have seen posted of 25-40 HP seem reasonable. One issue he picked up after doing the cams was they couldn't get the car to idle lower than 850 RPM; they figured between the extra airflow of the bigger TB and the cams the computer did not know how to deal with it. That isn't a life or dealth issue by any means, just a characteristic some people may not want. He did say from a seat of the pants feel it is a little less responsive at part throttle but feels VERY responsive across a broader RPM range under 3/4 to full throttle.

If I ever had a leak behind the front cover that was going to be a warrantable repair I would spring for the cams but based on his feedback I would not do it as a planned upgrade if I had no other reason to pull it all apart.

Again, not quite first hand experience but he has always been open and honest with what the mods he has done did for him so I have no reason to doubt these numbers.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Was that on a SCJ or a GT500? What were all the mods? 723 on 93 is a ton with a TVS.

I know there are a couple of forum members that have done cams.

TD
It was a SCJ package done on a 07-GT500. MMR stage II heads,GT high lift cams,p&p TVS & TB,2.65 upper,IW 10%OD lower,complete Bassani 3" exhuast system with LT's.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
It was a SCJ package done on a 07-GT500. MMR stage II heads,GT high lift cams,p&p TVS & TB,2.65 upper,IW 10%OD lower,complete Bassani 3" exhuast system with LT's.
Race cats?

Those head better'n the stockers I take it?

Bet its LOUD!

TD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts