Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
Kyle, they offer one and two day classes, in either the FPRS Mustang GT or an optional upgrade to the Boss 302FRS in full race trim.

It's a great time for the guest if they are into cars. My wife shares my passion and had a great time. We went to the evening reception the night before and she was with me the entire day. The guests sit in on class, went to all the locations (braking, slalom, skid car) with us. Went on the initial van ride around the track with the instructors and were fed lunch. They were catered to as if they were the student.

My wife told me at dinner this evening that this is probably the last year at Utah Motorsports Campus (owned by a subsidiary of the Chinese company Geely. They owns Volvo and Lotus, large shareholder in Daimler Benz as well). Ford just leases their portion from Geely.

She was on the tower at the finish line and the starter began talking to her about North Carolina. He told her that the Ford Racing school is considering a move to Charlotte. One of the instructors lives in NC and two others mentioned looking at NC as a possible relocation. Those conversations make more sense now that she dropped that nugget of info.

The only road course in the Charlotte area is at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. Nice track but the road course is not on par with the Utah track. We have a good road course south of us in Kershaw, SC that might be an option. And maybe they will build their own facility. Either option would give them basically year round access here.
Would LOVE for it to move to Charlotte! Crossing my fingers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,267 Posts
I am scheduled for September. My brother is meeting me there. You can have 1 guest non-driving $187. Driving was $1100 something. The one year deadline is you have to book it within one year of buying the car. Ford sends all the info to the original buyer, It is tough to book a slot. They fill quickly.
Tank, re: within one year of buying the car — is that only if you buy it new from Ford?

I was always under the impression anyone could go, even if you don’t own a GT350. Maybe I’m wrong (sadly)???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
One year from buying a new GT350 for the GT350 Track Attack. The Raptor, Focus RS, Edge ST and Explorer ST classes are for new owners as well. The standard driving school is open to anyone, separate from the new owner’s experience.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I did the Track Attack as well as an excuse to put 4,551 miles in 10 days on my 2018 back in May.
Great road trip! Stopped at Shelby American in Vegas, Zion National Park, Family in Phoenix, Adam's Polishes in Denver, found lots of great food, drove 70% of Route 66 in 7 of the 8 states. Managed to not see any weather.

The GT350/GT500 program will be moving to Charlotte in 2020. Raptor and ST-SUV programs will stay in Utah.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts