Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a drive this weekend - about 340 miles one way.

Ended up behind an older 2002(?) cobra. That was fun as we cruised towards the interstate on-ramp..

Later, I picked up a 2005+ GT with upgrades - on the highway going 60+ driver revs the engine - obviously aftermarket. I waved him on - nice looking car though.

Made it to the destination - see a GT-H parked in the lot. Next day, its parked next to mine. Next day another 05+ stang shows up - few mods. Both had stickers in windows for a mustang club.

Stickers made me think about the GT-H. Later in the week I spotted the owner and asked him if it was a rental or if he owned it. He went on to tell me he bought it in an auction.

Granted - I've been out of the loop on getting one of these since I bought my GT500. I thought that Hertz was going to auction their GT-H fleet after a while, but I thought 1 year was too short of a time - apparently I'm wrong. I also thought they were going to replace the HERTZ badge with a SHELBY badge when sold - the car I saw - reportedly sold to the owner I spoke with - still had the Hertz badge.

Any details on the availability/ price/ etc of the GT-H Shelby's

TD

By the way - Ocala national forest is a nice drive if you are headed past central florida going either north or south:D

·
Registered
489 Posts
There were two of the GT-Hs at our Mustang show this past Saturday. They are both privately owned and keep the badging. Really pretty cars.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Went for a drive this weekend - about 340 miles one way.

Ended up behind an older 2002(?) cobra. That was fun as we cruised towards the interstate on-ramp..

Later, I picked up a 2005+ GT with upgrades - on the highway going 60+ driver revs the engine - obviously aftermarket. I waved him on - nice looking car though.

Made it to the destination - see a GT-H parked in the lot. Next day, its parked next to mine. Next day another 05+ stang shows up - few mods. Both had stickers in windows for a mustang club.

Stickers made me think about the GT-H. Later in the week I spotted the owner and asked him if it was a rental or if he owned it. He went on to tell me he bought it in an auction.

Granted - I've been out of the loop on getting one of these since I bought my GT500. I thought that Hertz was going to auction their GT-H fleet after a while, but I thought 1 year was too short of a time - apparently I'm wrong. I also thought they were going to replace the HERTZ badge with a SHELBY badge when sold - the car I saw - reportedly sold to the owner I spoke with - still had the Hertz badge.

Any details on the availability/ price/ etc of the GT-H Shelby's

TD

By the way - Ocala national forest is a nice drive if you are headed past central florida going either north or south:D

I believe they were auctioned off after so many miles

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was watching ebay from 0ct. 2006 everyday until I bought mine june 2007 on ebay. and I remember seeing them on ebay. They were going for more than the gt500's were!

They all were original, badging and all. most were selling for 80,000+

JJ

Springfield Ford (ohio) and Spitzer Ford Hartville, OH

I know they both had some. not sure if they still have any. If you can't find there phone numbers let me know I will get them for you.

Springfield Ford had at least 5. Probably sold now

·
Registered
444 Posts
I just did a search on ebay motors

2006 shelby gt h

found 3 for less than 35k

so the prices have come down quite a bit.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What is the condition of these cars coming off rental. I bet they have been abused. What would you do with Shelby rental for a week.. I know i would beat it up pretty good.

LLoyd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts