Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This question will be best answered from 07 Shelby and everyone that has one on order will want to watch this thread.

Making approx 76 GT500's an hour in a perfect day I am guessing that they will be loaded on trucks and shipping them to the dealers vs having a field of them just sitting around. So can you 07 Shelby keep us all in the know when the first batch of them leave the plant headed for the dealers. That would be cool and would be a great day to take a camera to snap a picture of them pulling out :)

Thanks in advance for the info.

Busa Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
A Georgia dealer told me yesterday that their vehicle is on the truck but has been delayed for about three weeks. They were expecting it yesterday and the date has moved into June. Your production figures are extremely low. My father worked at a Ford assembly plant and they were able to produce close to sixty cars an hour. Yep, that is not a misprint-60 an hour. So, unless there is a parts shortage or other logistical issues that prevent full line speed after the first run with the engineers working, the second run supervised by the engineers with linemen performing assembly then, finally, the third run should be at full production speed. It is my understanding that only the first 1100 cars or so will be assembled by other than "normal" workers at full production speed.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
You have bad info all the way around.The 1st car doesn't even get built until 6-5-06.As far as production goes we are building 74 units an hour.That's right 74 units per hour but capable of going into the 80's.Every car is built on the assembly line by workers and robots.Yep,all the cars.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Yes there will be a lots of Shelby's sitting around before any get shipped.I am going out on a limb here but I will be surprised if any leave the plant before the end of July.I know a lot of dealers are telling people Shelby's are on the way.That is not true.They will go over these cars with fine tooth combs looking for potential problems.If there are problems they will wait even longer to ship.This is a good thing.You don't want them to ship shit do you?Say that 10 times.Another thing is you are probably not going to see truck loads going out.You more than likely are going to see 1 Shelby 6 6 cylinders and 1 GT leaving the plant.These cars are going to be spread out all over the entire earth.

·
Registered
257 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Another thing is you are probably not going to see truck loads going out.You more than likely are going to see 1 Shelby 6 6 cylinders and 1 GT leaving the plant.These cars are going to be spread out all over the entire earth.
07 SHELBY...How many Ford dealers in the USA?? (approx.) I thought I heard somewhere in the neighborhood of 5000:confused: Perhaps you could set the record straight with regard to the amount of Shelby's some dealers will be receiving? My dealer which is a pretty large dealer in CA and has told me they will be getting 2...maybe 3 cars in 07. I have read in places on the net that some are expecting up to 20:confused: If 9000 Shelby's are going to be spread across the USA and some are going out of the country...it sure seems like a Shelby GT500 on a truck is going to be a RARE sight...Thanks

ShelbyWise:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Nobody is going to get 20.A dealer might buy a Shelby from another dealer but that's about it.
There are about 3800 Ford dealers.Not all dealers put in for a Shelby.

I used the search button at the top of the page,this what I found and I couldn't say it any better.This was in a thread called DEALER ALLOCATION.
This reply is by RPRETZEL

Re: Dealership Allocations?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlovegun
Could anyone clarify for me how the Dealerships are going to be Allocated the Shelby's? From what I understand now even non-SVT dealerships will be able to get a couple of them?

This is how I understand it...

Every dealer has the opportunity to get one (must get certified by April 30th)
SVT dealers will get an additional one
President's Award winners will get an additional one
The rest will be allocated by share-of-nation based on mustang sales

Example:
An SVT dealer with a President's Award would get 3 plus any share-of-nation allocation.

Ford has said they won't announce allocations until all certifications have been submitted. Since the deadline is April 30th, we should hear something in early May.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts