Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Ground Controll Suspension on my car can't wait to test it. Have to wait till the salt is off the roads.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Installed Ground Controll Suspension on my car can't wait to test it. Have to wait till the salt is off the roads.
Load it in a enclosed and come to Tennessee, 71 and beautiful today

Do you have a g force meter, or will you be goiing by the seat of the pants ?

Let us know how it works (FEELS)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be going to the Nashville Super Speedway May 25-26, 2007. I did this once with my 1965 Fastback and it was a blast, now I would like to try with the Shelby.:)

High Speed Fun in Music City VII

Lebanon, Tennessee
Hosted by Music City Mustang Club at Nashville SuperSpeedway. Event hours are 8:00 - 5:00 with check-in running 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.. Registration fee is $135.00 per day, Garages are $50.00 per day.. The Music City Mustang Club will be hosting the SEVENTH Annual MCA Sanctioned HIGH SPEED FUN IN MUSIC CITY at the Nashville SuperSpeedway (Host site of the Mustang 40th Anniversary Celebration). Put your car through the paces on the 1.88 mile, 11 turn Road Course of the SuperSpeedway. High Speed Fun - Your Car - It doesn't get any better than this. EXPERIENCE IT! For more information, call Jim Chism at 615-799-8300, cell 615-973-3518, home 615-446-0520 or email [email protected] or visit the website at www.musiccitymustangclub.org.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Might be going to the Nashville Super Speedway May 25-26, 2007. I did this once with my 1965 Fastback and it was a blast, now I would like to try with the Shelby.:)

High Speed Fun in Music City VII

Lebanon, Tennessee
Hosted by Music City Mustang Club at Nashville SuperSpeedway. Event hours are 8:00 - 5:00 with check-in running 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.. Registration fee is $135.00 per day, Garages are $50.00 per day.. The Music City Mustang Club will be hosting the SEVENTH Annual MCA Sanctioned HIGH SPEED FUN IN MUSIC CITY at the Nashville SuperSpeedway (Host site of the Mustang 40th Anniversary Celebration). Put your car through the paces on the 1.88 mile, 11 turn Road Course of the SuperSpeedway. High Speed Fun - Your Car - It doesn't get any better than this. EXPERIENCE IT! For more information, call Jim Chism at 615-799-8300, cell 615-973-3518, home 615-446-0520 or email [email protected] or visit the website at www.musiccitymustangclub.org.
I have recently converted to Ford fan (GM die hard ) Shelby has really grabbed me. Was unaware of this event. I am in Nashville area weekly, tho I reside about 170 miles from speedway. May try to make that work. If you do in fact decide to make this trip PM me and I will try to locate you @ track.

Thanks Ray

·
Registered
933 Posts
SN8KBYT,

That event sounds like a blast.

Please post pictures of the event for us poor souls up in the frozen north.

Thanks,

·
Registered
275 Posts
What was included in there kit? Was your car lowered? And last ,How much did it cost ? GGBIW

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Illegal If I can get to this event I will let you know and maybe we can hook up when I get down there. It is worth the cost of the event and sure will put your car through it's paces. And I will try to get picture plus video if I can rig up a stand to put my video camera on.

Hey ggbiw,
Here is a link to the site for the suspension, just look under complete kits and it will tell you everything about the kit. I did lower the car about 3 inches in the rear and 2 1/4" inches in the front. Made the car level in it's stance I thinks it really looks nice will post pictures when I get a Chance.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/category.php/CA=4

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey Illegal If I can get to this event I will let you know and maybe we can hook up when I get down there. It is worth the cost of the event and sure will put your car through it's paces. And I will try to get picture plus video if I can rig up a stand to put my video camera on.

Hey ggbiw,
Here is a link to the site for the suspension, just look under complete kits and it will tell you everything about the kit. I did lower the car about 3 inches in the rear and 2 1/4" inches in the front. Made the car level in it's stance I thinks it really looks nice will post pictures when I get a Chance.

AWESOME! Thank you!:) :) GGBIW

·
Registered
275 Posts

Hey ggbiw,

Was it the 2005 mustang kit? I didn't see shelby gt 500 so I'm assuming it's the 2005 kit. GGBIW

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I ordered mine they contacted me via phone and asked me if I had a Shelby because they will fit you with a different spring then a standard Mustang. You can also talked to a guy named Jay. Hope that helps you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts