Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After leaving work today it was 67 degrees and I needed to go to my mothers house to pick up my 15 year old son after school. I usually take the F150 to pick him up, well I decide to take the Shelby. As I was coiming down the road nearing the house I noticed that he had the front door open with a big smile on his face. He said "I heard that car way down the road" I asked him if he was glad that I had picked him up in the Shelby he said yea. Well we headed home and I usually try to hit the back of his head on the head rest when I'm in 1st gear and throttling it and he usually say's you got me. My son said "I love this car, just the way I sit in it" I smiled and said I do to. Course I had to get into the supercharger alittle bit and he said I love the sound of that. What a time we have.:banana_hitit:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hey Kerry, I think I know where you can find a nice Pinto to drive after you hand the Shelby keys to your Son......hmmmmm or maybe a nice Vega Cosworth :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Kerry, I think I know where you can find a nice Pinto to drive after you hand the Shelby keys to your Son......hmmmmm or maybe a nice Vega Cosworth :)

Will you give me a deal.lol

·
Registered
658 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
suppose to rain here all weekend. If you would quick working on the car you could drive her more.:boohoo:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I do hope you get feeling better.:hippy:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Kerry,

It was a nice day to take it out! Hopefully all this rain they're predicting will wash all this loose gravel off the roads! Glad you're son likes the ride!!:cool:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea my son just love this car. He says this is his favorite car. I let him drive it last year in Homesteads parking lot. He did really well for his first time driving a stick let alone a car.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,950 Posts
I let him drive it last year in Homesteads parking lot. He did really well for his first time driving a stick let alone a car.
That is true love...

·
Registered
867 Posts
That's awesome that you can share such an great experience with your kid. Speaking of which, I hope the wife and I can produce a gearhead or two in the coming months. My luck, two girls....good thing I have an armory in house.

In regards to taking the baby out, there is too much salt on the roads atm. I did drive her up and down the driveway though lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Both of my Daughters were taught how to drive a stick. They really picked upoon it fast. My oldest Daughter's first car was a stick when she was 16. It really makes them pay more attention driving a stick because they are forced to use both hands and less time for distractions. I think it makes somewhat a better driver out of them IMO.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Very cool. I'm still waiting to be able to drive the Mach up here. There's still a little too much residual salt left on the roads, but with the rain that's supposed to be coming hopefully that will wash away this weekend. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yea my son just love this car. He says this is his favorite car. I let him drive it last year in Homesteads parking lot. He did really well for his first time driving a stick let alone a car.
Thanks to my dad I have some great memories, I could tell you that at 4 years old I could put the lever in the different gears as he asked me for them and at five he would sit me on his lap and let "me steer the car". I was taught how to drive a car by him in a stick shift car, and ever since I was 16 I have been driving with a clutch pedal. I love my father for that and many other things

·
Registered
69 Posts
Must have been 'in the air'... same day I picked up my granddaughter at her middle school. She was thrilled to ride, and I was just as elated to drive, at this was the first time this year it has been warm enough to do so in Wizzzzzconsin!

All the shout-outs from the kids, and the blush on my g'daughter's face made it all the sweeter!

Aren't we ALL fortunate to own these babies! :)

Nothing puts a bigger grin on my face than those ponies under my butt!
Well... almost nothing ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
great story, you may be passing on the disease though. My dad used to come pick me up on fridays from daycare for the weekends. He had a truck at the time with LT headers and duals. I could always hear him coming down the road.

And my wife wonders why I tear the stock exhaust off everything I own now. :thinkerg:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts