Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - this is my first post - to this point I've been just lurking. I own a black 2006 Mustang GT and I love it but when I bought it I really wanted a GT 500Shelby. I didn't want it enough to spend 30K over MSRP though. Where are they at now? I live in Northern NJ. Anyone have any advice as to where I could get one and do a trade in with my car?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Boz, you gotta get one! I have an '07 GT, and there is absolutely NO comparison. I just got back from a drive in my GT500, and I'm grinning from ear to ear. The GT is fun, the GT500 is awesome.

Keep searching eBay, autotrader.com, cars.com, etc. I ran across mine on eBay and the dealer was motivated to sell. ADMs are coming down. MSRP is possible if you're persistent and shop around. But you better hurry. There has been no official confirmation of an '09 model yet.

The only thing is, if you're trading, don't expect to get top dollar for your car against a Shelby. Right now there is a glut of used Mustangs, so expect to take a hit. But you'll forget all about it after you've driven the Shelby :)

·
Registered
806 Posts
The local Dealership I took my truck to has a Blue over White for 65K+tax! The salesman seen me looking at it (not knowing I already had a GT500) Started up about how good a deal that was. I had to break the news to him I paid less the 62K out the door 6 months ago for my Vert. I would like a second (Coupe) and said they could order me one for 5K over, but the dealer wanted 15K over for that one. Like there isn't already 3 Blue over White Coupes in the loacl area of 20,000 people!! I know this dealer has sold Blue over White Coupes for 10K over, I think they would take MSRP.

You can find them for MSRP out there, only two way to get it though. Buy it from a dealer that you have done a lot of Business with or be willing to search every dearler in the country and able to make a long trip.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Got mine on e-bay for 43,900 with 180 miles on it. Stickered for 45,600. Just keep looking, there are deals on them. I also have a GT and there is no comparison....totally different machine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would say now is the time to buy, there are some real good deals on Ebay right now. I saw an 08 for 3K over list.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks boys. I think I have a 2008 white/blue GT-500 with Nav lined up. Dealer made me a great trade-in on my car (it has very low miles) and I can live with the low mark-up with the trade and all. I drove the car and you guys are so right - it is a completely different animal - I was blown away. Should I buy extended warranty from Ford?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah,
Just like Andy mentioned there are some really good deals out there you just have to be patient and keep looking... I just purchased mine about 3 weeks ago and paid $1200 over Msrp and I am more than happy. Just my .02$

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks boys. I think I have a 2008 white/blue GT-500 with Nav lined up. Dealer made me a great trade-in on my car (it has very low miles) and I can live with the low mark-up with the trade and all. I drove the car and you guys are so right - it is a completely different animal - I was blown away. Should I buy extended warranty from Ford?
Good for you. I just took a buddy for a ride in mine. He was blown away. They are amazing. I just love mine.
Don

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi The Boz 56 , welcome to the forum. On the warranty depends I am confident working on cars and have no problem fixing it also I knew mods were going to be done at that pretty much answers your question also I decided on the 720hp Super Snake which automatically voids the warranty anyway. Just think about what you plan on doing with your car and that should answer your warranty question.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Way to go and congrat's on your new baby. Words just cannot explain how much fun these cars are.
Most of the dealer's not all but the ones on the east coast really don't want to sit on these cars when the snow if flying and they know not too many people are going to buy a car like this in the winter.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I wouldn't get the Ext Warranty, you will be modding it soon. No reports of Engine damage with some modification. Up to 650 HP or so. That's more then you will ever need on the street!!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Now you're talking. White/Blue is of course the fastest. See, the right deal comes for the right car!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Hope it works out for you, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! You'll be in LOVE.......

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Boz, you gotta get one! I have an '07 GT, and there is absolutely NO comparison. I just got back from a drive in my GT500, and I'm grinning from ear to ear. The GT is fun, the GT500 is awesome.

Keep searching eBay, autotrader.com, cars.com, etc. I ran across mine on eBay and the dealer was motivated to sell. ADMs are coming down. MSRP is possible if you're persistent and shop around. But you better hurry. There has been no official confirmation of an '09 model yet.

The only thing is, if you're trading, don't expect to get top dollar for your car against a Shelby. Right now there is a glut of used Mustangs, so expect to take a hit. But you'll forget all about it after you've driven the Shelby :)

There will be a 2009 Shelby GT 500:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been driving it for over two months now and you guys were right - its an animal. Just got notified of my new special plate - SSSSSVT. What do you think - it was at the bottom of my list but I think it'll be cool. Should I keep it or try for something else?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Been driving it for over two months now and you guys were right - its an animal. Just got notified of my new special plate - SSSSSVT. What do you think - it was at the bottom of my list but I think it'll be cool. Should I keep it or try for something else?
Welcome to the forum Boz.

I'd throw that plate back like a 3" toadfish.:cowtounge:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
What's a 3" toadfish Davey??

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
That's the ugliest damn fish I've ever seen.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts