Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was driving back from work, which almost always a spirited drive. Heard a beep and saw the "low oil pressure" warning. Immediately pulled over while shutting the car down.

Checked for a leak, no dice. Car has plenty of oil so I'm thinking it's either the oil pump or a sensor. Either way, I wasn't testing out my theory. Roadside picked her up albeit a few scuffs on the chin spoiler and decent flex on teh front bumper due to the winching.

I searched Alldata for a TSB but nothing. Have any of you heard of oil pumps failing or a sensor related issue? I'm hoping this is somehow tied into the other "belt squeal sound" issue I posted a week or so ago.

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated because she's most likely getting hacked up by Towne Ford atm.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Don't know of any TSB's, but what's up with the flex in the bumper? I understand the chin spoilers take a beating, but I would be sideways over the bumper issue.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't happy about it, but what could I do? He's the pro. He really did try everything to minimize the contact.

Anyone with any input regarding the oil pump issue? I still haven't heard from Ford and I can't get in touch with them. I'm really hoping they didn't just diagnose and start the repair work, I asked them to contact me first...

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got her back today, just a sensor.

Nice site and very informative, but I'm disappointed at the lack of any responses pertaining to what I thought could have been a huge issue.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Got her back today, just a sensor.

Nice site and very informative, but I'm disappointed at the lack of any responses pertaining to what I thought could have been a huge issue.
Glad it wasn't a major issue and you got her fixed. As for the lack of response, it's kinda tough to give advice on a "low oil pressure" warning other than take it to the dealer.

Now, if you want to know which color is fastest, I'm sure you'll get lots of responses. :cowtounge:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Maybe nobody had any experience with it?

I know that's why I didn't reply.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Now, if you want to know which color is fastest, I'm sure you'll get lots of responses. Oh, and in case you are wondering it is Ebony with Tungsten stripes :cowtounge:
Couldn't have said it better myself Mr. President.
:roller:

·
Registered
658 Posts
GT1,
I would have felt pretty bad if I responded by saying that it was probably an oil sending unit and it turned out to be a hemorrhaging cam bearing.

I believe that most all the folks on this site are actually pretty eager to help a fellow GT owner but I also believe that any lack of response could only be attributed to a reluctance in giving you the wrong answer.

The philosophy at my shop is:
"the dumbest question ever asked, was the one that wasn't"

And if I know the answer I am more than happy to share it with you, unfortunately your situation had multiple answers and guessing at which answer would have solved your particular problem would have been a recipe for disaster.

If you look at the "views cont" there were alot of people watching the thread and I would bet that most were waiting to find out what the final result showed, I know I was...................:)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was nervous about engine damage and repairs being covered under warranty if it came to that, nothing personal.

Maybe I should have rephrased my question to be more clear. I was looking for any possibilities that could cause this, not a definitive answer. There were too many factors involved to guesstimate what was wrong.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now, if you want to know which color is fastest, I'm sure you'll get lots of responses. :cowtounge:
White w/blue hands down

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I want to say that I am sorry to learn that you have dyslexia GT1myz but I will correct your post that way no one else gets confused, we all know that BLUE w/ white is the fastest hands down :bump:
Kronus I'm glad you corrected him after all he is a junior.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok ok, I'll give ya that. Blue /white may be the fastest...

But why do I see you in my rear view?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know how you feel when no one replies, but I'm kinda glad no one else posted with the same problem.

The answer to the other question? Blue/White. No doubt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts