Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I have a 2010 GT500 with 4,700 miles on it.

First question, in the trunk compartment of my car there is an aluminum bar that is bolted to the floor that is inscribed “Shelby” ... is it stock ... what is it for?

Second question, on occasion when i shift gears I hear a clunking noise that is coming from the drivetrain ... is that something to be worried about or do I need to refine my shifting technique?

Thanks in advance to all who share their wisdom.

Ken

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,917 Posts
The bar in the trunk is definitely not stock. Probably there to strengthen the body. The clunk in the rear area could be a myriad of issues and I'll let some of the more technically gifted members give you some quality opinions.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,685 Posts
Post a pic of your “Shelby” bar.

As for the clunk... get the car up in the air and get under it to check that everything is tight. Start with lower control arms, then driveshaft and also check the upper control arm.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
The Bar is a rear strut tower brace, it does Zero on the street so it is OK to remove it if you desire.

Here's mine... I had it dipped.

·
Super Moderator
5,028 Posts
First off I have a 2010 GT500 with 4,700 miles on it.

First question, in the trunk compartment of my car there is an aluminum bar that is bolted to the floor that is inscribed “Shelby” ... is it stock ... what is it for?

Second question, on occasion when i shift gears I hear a clunking noise that is coming from the drivetrain ... is that something to be worried about or do I need to refine my shifting technique?

Thanks in advance to all who share their wisdom.

Ken
Re: clunking noise. Do you have an adjustable panhard bar? If so, suggest checking the nuts to make sure they are tight. That happened to me one time.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The bar was advertised as a "Shock Tower Brace". Cosmetic on a street car. Other companies offer their version as well.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts