Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my call yesterday from the dealer with a VIN number and a build date 3/19. can't wait now!!

JD

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Great news guys,congrats!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Received my call yesterday from the dealer with a VIN number and a build date 3/19. can't wait now!!

JD
You'll be surprised when the SC kicks in for the 1st time. CONGRATS. Almost over..........

·
Registered
933 Posts
Congrats jduffy!

Let us know how long it really takes from the time it is built until delivery.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts

JD
Congrats JD It won't be long now. Give me a call or better yet drop over when you get it I would love to see it. Mustangnut

·
Registered
301 Posts

JD
Congrats on your vin!!!

My dealer called 2/27 and informed me that FMC had pulled the order, I suppose this was reciept date.

I stopped by dealer yesterday, he ran a status report. I am now seriallized.
He gave me a copy of status showing Vin, color code, and several other #s that I am still trying to decode. But as long as it is the fastest color and coming soon I am OKAAAAY. Ya hoooo!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Congrats on your vin!!!

My dealer called 2/27 and informed me that FMC had pulled the order, I suppose this was reciept date.

I stopped by dealer yesterday, he ran a status report. I am now seriallized.
He gave me a copy of status showing Vin, color code, and several other #s that I am still trying to decode. But as long as it is the fastest color and coming soon I am OKAAAAY. Ya hoooo!
Must be White/Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Guys,
Good to hear that people are getting their cars. Is anyone being gouged on the price? I am supposed to get mine next week and have to pay above sticker. Anyone else?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey Guys,
Good to hear that people are getting their cars. Is anyone being gouged on the price? I am supposed to get mine next week and have to pay above sticker. Anyone else?
I think nearly everyone on this site paid over...not all, but most.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Canada#7 Shelby,

I see you are a local.

Which dealership did you get yours at?

Cam Clark, Advantage or Metro?

All 3 of these dealerships were going to charge me huge mark ups, so I'm getting mine from a New Brunswick dealership at MSRP. It may cost me a couple grand to have the car shipped to Calgary, but I wasn't about to hand over $25K for 1) the priviledge of bumping someone off the wait list and 2) to fatten up their already bulging wallets.

Yes, you read it correctly, 1 of these dealerships (which will remain nameless - you have a 1 in 3 choice to figure out which one) would have bumped someone off their already extensive list and moved me to the top of the list, if I gave them $25K over sticker. That's just not right!

Why don't you PM me and we can exchange information?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good news here also. I just got off the phone with the dealer ans they gave me the VIN. It is still sitting in a rail yard waiting to be shipped to me, but should have it in two weeks or less.
I will probably have to wait a while before I drive it, we still got snow down here in Calgary, but it will still look awesome sitting in my garage.
Anybody else out there on this forum from Calgary or Alberta that has their car yet?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

JD
Moving right along now, the build date was originally the week of 3/19/07 and has now been narrowed down to 3/20/07. I was also informed that the delivery date should be 04/07/07.

JD

·
Registered
50 Posts
Moving right along now, the build date was originally the week of 3/19/07 and has now been narrowed down to 3/20/07. I was also informed that the delivery date should be 04/07/07.

JD
Mine is on the move now, on a train in Wisconsin somewhere. Should be here by next weekend. :D

·
Registered
301 Posts

JD
jduffy

You and I both had the same build date, mine was scheduled for 3/19 completed 3/20. Got the call 3/20 evening that was complete.

ETA on status report shows 4/2. ????????

We may have brothers, what is your vin?? Mine 6607

Illegal

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jduffy

You and I both had the same build date, mine was scheduled for 3/19 completed 3/20. Got the call 3/20 evening that was complete.

ETA on status report shows 4/2. ????????

We may have brothers, what is your vin?? Mine 6607

Illegal
Illegal,

My car ended up being built on the 16th, it was originally scheduled for the 20th. My VIN is 5935 so were not brothers but were close. Perhaps cousins.

JD

·
Registered
933 Posts
jduffy/Illegal/any other Canadian awaiting delivery,

This information will most likely not help 'jduffy' since you are located in Windsor, but I'm not sure where 'Illegal' is located, so it may be helpful. If not, then this may help anyone else scheduled to receive a car outside of the southern Ontario area.

If your car is being shipped by rail to a location in Canada, find out the railcar number from either your dealer or Ford customer service and do the following to trace the movement of your railcar:

1) Call 1-888-999-8111 - listen to the message

2) Push option 1 to enter the railcar number

3) Type in the railcar number without letters, so if your given railcar number ETTX123456, then enter 123456 followed by ##.

4) Listen to the message.

I've provided this information to another one of our members 'Canada#7_Shelby' and he's actively following his Shelby as it makes its way out to Calgary.

Let me know how this works out for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
jduffy/Illegal/any other Canadian awaiting delivery,

This information will most likely not help 'jduffy' since you are located in Windsor, but I'm not sure where 'Illegal' is located, so it may be helpful. If not, then this may help anyone else scheduled to receive a car outside of the southern Ontario area.

If your car is being shipped by rail to a location in Canada, find out the railcar number from either your dealer or Ford customer service and do the following to trace the movement of your railcar:

1) Call 1-888-999-8111 - listen to the message

2) Push option 1 to enter the railcar number

3) Type in the railcar number without letters, so if your given railcar number ETTX123456, then enter 123456 followed by ##.

4) Listen to the message.

I've provided this information to another one of our members 'Canada#7_Shelby' and he's actively following his Shelby as it makes its way out to Calgary.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Hey Guys,
That's right I've been tracking my car. It's currently in North Dakota making its way steadily west. I am figuring that I'll be drving it by the weekend hopefully. I think that it'll be in Canada tomorrow. Not long now.
Like Arbour88 said, all you need is the rail number. Works like a charm.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Guys,
That's right I've been tracking my car. It's currently in North Dakota making its way steadily west. I am figuring that I'll be drving it by the weekend hopefully. I think that it'll be in Canada tomorrow. Not long now.
Like Arbour88 said, all you need is the rail number. Works like a charm.
Just another update on the cars position, it just crossed the border into Alberta...
Will have it by the weekend if the crew at the railyard gets to it in a hurry.:)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Canada#7_Shelby,

Your car's moving faster than I expected. If it's already in Alberta, then its real close. It should only take a day to get to Calgary once it crosses the border.

Keep the updates coming.

Give me a shout when your dealer calls you.

Take care.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts