Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well basically I just wanted to voice my love for the Shelby GT500. Seriously- I am addicted. I have always wanted a Shelby. Now I finally have one and it is all I can think about. Mods...Mods...Mods...what I want my Shelby to run and look like.

I have always love Mustangs. We currently have a 65 Fastback in storage waiting for restoration and we have had a 2005 GT. I love 03-04 Cobras but when I first saw the 2007 Shelby at a car show. I knew I was going to get one someday.

I have been around a lot of cars and I know the Shelby is no "super car", but it truly is more than a car. The legend behind it and the people that love them. It is fun to drive and every time I take it out it puts a grin on my face- Cheers!!

Jay:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,954 Posts
Don't worry, it doesn't get old either. Every time I go in my garage, I love her more and more...

·
Registered
17 Posts
lol
Every night before I go to bed I go down the garage and kiss the hood of my new GT500 Shelby Cobra! Then have my husband sleep on the couch!

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol
Every night before I go to bed I go down the garage and kiss the hood of my new GT500 Shelby Cobra! Then have my husband sleep on the couch!
Aaahhh...you think he's sleeping on the couch, but as soon as you go to bed he takes that Shelby out for a HELL OF A RIDE!!!:rocker:

Good Stuff...
Jay

·
Registered
17 Posts
I dough it there's only 2 key's one in my safety deposit box and the other's in bed with me! The cars done more for me in the satisfaction dept than he ever could!
lol

Amber

2010 GT500 Shelby Cobra

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dough it there's only 2 key's one in my safety deposit box and the other's in bed with me! The cars done more for me in the satisfaction dept than he ever could!
lol

Amber

2010 GT500 Shelby Cobra
Ouch...

I won't touch that one. Sweet car Amber! Enjoy the fun and drive it like you stole it!!!

Jay:bigthumb:

·
Registered
126 Posts
lol
that's just Wrong!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hah, my old lady couldn't drive mine even if she wanted to. She couldn't learn on my Mach 1 and I won't let her learn on my Shelby.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok, kissing the hood of the car, keys in a safety deposit box, cats and dogs living together! Here's the deal, if you have insured the car properly, let them take it. At the moment, my 08 jumped close to 5K so far. With the horrendous 2010 they sculptured, it jumped again. Honesty, do you see anyone driving it? I belive I have seen it all now. Hands down, my 06 Saleen handles better than this thing lol. Not that Eibach couldn't resolve Ford's issues again. How could they put 18" tires on a $50K car? But the economy took a dive and I paid under where everyone else had paid over. A few people I knew paid close to 40K over back in '07. Seriously, unless you are going to eventually sell it or have it on Mecum's auction block in 20 years, just drive it and don't beat on it. Also, be careful of the Airbag dying on you, twice with mine so far and just hit 10K on my 08. I went to Carlisle, OCC up in Newburgh, NY and the Airbag light popped on for the second time. The transmission is the worst, honestly even after the recall service I had done . Other than that, great car! :)

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
lol

Amber

2010 GT500 Shelby Cobra
:jawdrop:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
662 Posts
Amber,

You (or your couch sleeping hubby) needs to clean up that garage....what is it a 3 car with room for 1? Great car though!

:zlurking:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Amber,

You (or your couch sleeping hubby) needs to clean up that garage....what is it a 3 car with room for 1? Great car though!

:zlurking:
The sad part about my garage is this I just cleaned up the garage and my husband was no help! He's a sissy and envy's the car! I have to clean the rest of the garage in steps it's a lot for me to do myself.
Or I could have one of my young Marine friends do the Job for me! Either way things will wind-up CLEAN and I mean clean!

LoL
:thinkerg::pinklove::banana_hitit:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
This is an interesting thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts