2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Lou-Stang

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
979 Posts
Correct. Not chip related. Just supply chain Issues. Period. It’s messed up but that’s what’s going on. It’s not unique to gm either.
Certainly due to the shutdowns during Covid, but beginning to wonder if there is a bigger, underlying agenda behind all these shortages. We didn't seem to have all these shortages during the previous administration. Nor high gasoline prices, etc. Makes me say Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
2013 GT500 SVTPP w/TP
19 Posts
Certainly due to the shutdowns during Covid, but beginning to wonder if there is a bigger, underlying agenda behind all these shortages. We didn't seem to have all these shortages during the previous administration. Nor high gasoline prices, etc. Makes me say Hmmmmm.
wonder what changed the last 150 days....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2020 GT500 - Handling Package, Technology Package, Recaros, Forgeline
36 Posts
So are we really going to take this C8 news down political lines?

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
2020 GT350R
263 Posts
Chip shortages have caused Flat Rock Assembly plant to be down last several weeks, hoping to open back up next week, so no Mustangs have been built recently.

·
Registered
2020 GT500
351 Posts
So are we really going to take this C8 news down political lines?
Some can never just let it go.

There is a massive chip shortage. I work in the industry and can tell you demand has skyrocketed and we just cannot produce enough. You’re looking at a back log of 1.5 to 2 years. Supply lines have dried up due to production halts the last year and a half. These shortages are real.

·
Registered
2011 SVTPP GT500 Convertible, Silver
304 Posts
Blame Bitcoin mining if you want to point a finger. And then the questionable "pandemic" stressing logistics and supply lines. Then you have the government paying people to not work. So yeah, it has something to do with politics.

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
92 Posts
Dealers are scrambling to get used inventory because of supply issues. I've an email each of the last two weeks saying they'll pay me top dollar for my car. Even if they did, how would I get another one? So no way am I giving it up for any amount of money.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dealers are scrambling to get used inventory because of supply issues. I've an email each of the last two weeks saying they'll pay me top dollar for my car. Even if they did, how would I get another one? So no way am I giving it up for any amount of money.
Vroom offered me $87k for my 2020 GT500. The MSRP was $80,690 which is what I paid. The car has 1,159 miles on it presently. I’m not selling it.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
426 Posts
I'd sell my Explorer, but it would have to be over 100 grand. Pretty sure I can find another '15 Explorer to replace it.
I'm also getting realtors wanting to buy my house, but not selling that for less than a couple million, cuz there's no houses to buy if I had to move.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts