Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,585 Posts
Reactions: Snoopy49

·
Registered
2020 Rapid Red CFTP
67 Posts
2 Weeks, at the Rouge today, Sounds like all special vehicle product will be very limited, until F150 is caught up and Bronco is launched.

·
Super Moderator
5,212 Posts
Thanks for sharing Earl. From the article:

“Ford’s updated plans include additional downtime at two plants in Illinois and Missouri through next week and temporarily shuttering its Flat Rock Assembly plant in Michigan for a week beginning Monday. Impacted vehicles include the Ford Explorer and Lincoln Aviator SUVs, Ford Mustang and Transit van.”
Thanks, Earl and Tim, for sharing. I wonder how broadly they interpret Ford Mustang. Crossing fingers it doesn't impact Shelby production!!

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Earl and Tim, for sharing. I wonder how broadly they interpret Ford Mustang. Crossing fingers it doesn't impact Shelby production!!
A Mustang is a Mustang unless it is a Mach E. All the Mustangs are produced on the same assembly line in Flat Rock, MI with the exception of the Mach E which is produced in Mexico. So it would be impossible for a GT500 to jump the line. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that were people working at the plant next week trying to get the cars that have been produced, released for shipment.

Here is a 2020 GT500 just ahead of a regular Mustang.

88265922_3077972882222076_7309032764303474688_o.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,212 Posts
A Mustang is a Mustang unless it is a Mach E. All the Mustangs are produced on the same assembly line in Flat Rock, MI with the exception of the Mach E which is produced in Mexico. So it would be impossible for a GT500 to jump the line. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that were people working at the plant next week trying to get the cars that have been produced, released for shipment.

Here is a 2020 GT500 just ahead of a regular Mustang.

View attachment 213916
Thanks, Earl. Ruh roh --- me thinks my estimated delivery date may be slipping.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Super Moderator
5,212 Posts
Where is you car at on the build schedule?
Not sure on build schedule -- I'm trying to track that info down w/ my dealer. I did just check the Ford site and my delivery date has slipped from 5/16 to 5/21.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,585 Posts
This just in:

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,444 Posts
Well, crap. @Snoopy49, I'm going to....

I've had dibs and a deposit on a 2021 since the latter part of January. At some point, I realized it probably wouldn't get here before Shelbyfest, but it has wavered back and forth a few times now. This latest news pretty much makes it an impossibility. As I understand it, the car went into production (as in assembly) last Thursday. That was according to Ford Performance, as of my correspondence with them on Friday. The window sticker has been published for a couple weeks now, and low and behold, the car popped up as new inventory at my dealership as "in transit". The order was submitted January 14th as dealer stock and I went in a week later to inquire about placing an order and they changed this order to my specs. They were not sure they would get another GT500 this model year. Oddly enough it only needed a color change because it had the options I wanted, but the original color was white without stripes and a black roof. I don't think I'd want two of those. I think that means it was meant to be.

It's a base model with only the handling and technology packages in grabber yellow.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,585 Posts

View attachment 214162

I've had dibs and a deposit on a 2021 since the latter part of January. At some point, I realized it probably wouldn't get here before Shelbyfest, but it has wavered back and forth a few times now. This latest news pretty much makes it an impossibility. As I understand it, the car went into production (as in assembly) last Thursday. That was according to Ford Performance, as of my correspondence with them on Friday. The window sticker has been published for a couple weeks now, and low and behold, the car popped up as new inventory at my dealership as "in transit". The order was submitted January 14th as dealer stock and I went in a week later to inquire about placing an order and they changed this order to my specs. They were not sure they would get another GT500 this model year. Oddly enough it only needed a color change because it had the options I wanted, but the original color was white without stripes and a black roof. I don't think I'd want two of those. I think that means it was meant to be.

It's a base model with only the handling and technology packages in grabber yellow.
Well SHOCKED! :eek: Way to play your cards close to your chest John! Here’s hoping it somehow works before SF!🍻

You are going to love the well sorted-out new machine!

Reactions: Catmonkey

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
1,080 Posts

View attachment 214162

Awesome!!!! Congratulations!!!!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,616 Posts

View attachment 214162

Well, John, you sure kept that secret under your skirts! LOL! Congratulations on getting a new Shelby!! You've got to be really excited! Hopefully, you'll have it for Shelbyfest! What's wrong with white? ;) Are you keeping your now older Shelby? That's a great car for someone if you sell or trade it in. So many great and perfect modifications! Keep us posted!!

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
734 Posts

View attachment 214162

If it's in transit maybe you're lucky and it's actually in transit.
I'd check with Noah at Ford Performance --- he was able to give me much better tracking info than I could get off the website, and my Dealer was useless for info.

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,444 Posts
It's highly unlikely at this point and 3 weeks might turn into 4 or 5 or who knows. But based on what Tim posted above, the plant would not open again until May 3rd. I saw another article this morning that Ford informed the UAW that they weren't closing the plants during the summer like they typically do, so laborers should not anticipate that usual closure for their vacation plans. After seeing that, I figured we'd see that one week closure expand beyond it. I called my good friend and salesman Monday to rag him about my car listed as new inventory on the website, and of course he had no idea. He told me he was showing a late April build date. I don't recall the date. I figured something else must be up if the car is already in production and it's going to take another 2 weeks to build. He told me they update these schedules on Thursday and to call him Friday. Snoopy and I have been communicating through PMs and I'm 100% sure it's not built yet, much less loaded on a train headed south. 6 of the 9 mustangs in new inventory are shown as "in transit", so that means there are only 3 actually on the lot.

I have a few issues with the 2012 I need to address before I can take it on a road trip. Not that I've been putting off working on it, but I seem to have one medical problem after another keeping me from doing that. It's still a few weeks out and I don't expect a drawn out fix, unless I find something I'm not expecting, but I need to get over this other stuff now.

As for selling the 2012, I'd love to keep it, but I don't have room for two GT500s and my truck. I am renting warehouse space from a friend, so it's not a problem in the short term and the purpose of that is to move clutter so I can put my house on the market for sale and find something with some garage/shop space out of town. This warehouses were intended to be a real estate project, but the owners have done an about face and turned it into their personal toy closets and they wanted someone else in there that they could trust with their toys to help pay the note. I could just as easily sell my truck. We lost our hunting lease, so I don't have too much use for the truck, but damn they come in handy. It will be 6 years old in December, it's pristine, it's paid for and the miles are low, so I really don't want to get rid of it either. So I have time to figure it out, but I'm in no hurry to sell anything just yet, or after I take delivery.

I've been contemplating another vehicle, although I hadn't planned on doing it this year, but when Ford unveiled the yellow color option, I couldn't resist. There's nothing about the current model I don't like. Corvette, Porsche and AMG all have yellow options, but the price levels on the vehicles I had in mind are much higher. Well, the Corvette wasn't that high, but we have yet to see a hi-po model yet either. I priced a vert and it would sticker higher than the Shelby. I know yellow is not everyone's cup of tea, but it suits me just fine. I also have a premonition that the party is ending on the uber high performance models and I'm not getting any younger. My next vehicle is likely to be electric.

·
Super Moderator
5,212 Posts

View attachment 214162

You been keeping secrets!!! ;) Congrats on your 2021! Sorry it is looking doubtful for SF though. Re: yellow -- rock on, brother!

Looks like I'm going to be caught up in this as well. My build week is (was) April 26th w/ an estimated delivery of May 21st -- I guess that means June now at best.

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Catmonkey, at least you don't have to worry about it sitting out in the rain, it is sitting on the assembly line in a nice dry warm building.

My 2013 went into production on Dec 14, 2012 and didn't roll off the assembly line until Jan 14, 2013.

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,444 Posts
You been keeping secrets!!! ;) Congrats on your 2021! Sorry it is looking doubtful for SF though. Re: yellow -- rock on, brother!

Looks like I'm going to be caught up in this as well. My build week is (was) April 26th w/ an estimated delivery of May 21st -- I guess that means June now at best.
Yep, I got a thing for yellow. My ETA was 5/5/21 before the closures, but my birthday is the end of May, so may be my birthday present.

@Catmonkey, at least you don't have to worry about it sitting out in the rain, it is sitting on the assembly line in a nice dry warm building.
I'll take that. After I saw the window sticker I quit worrying. It's as if they have to build it now.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base RR
367 Posts
Yep, I got a thing for yellow. My ETA was 5/5/21 before the closures, but my birthday is the end of May, so may be my birthday present.

I'll take that. After I saw the window sticker I quit worrying. It's as if they have to build it now.
My car officially dropped from production to built and has been released to shipping this morning. So I’m guessing there is some people working, maybe just the production line is down.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts