Pictures!
Inside and out!
=D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice touch !
Did you use factory glass roof or aftermarket replacement?
The roof is manufactured by Classic Design Concepts(was Webasto), and is installed by a small set of authorized dealers, most of which work thru Ford dealerships only. The '09 Mustang GT will offer this as an option, to the tune of ~$2K, it's the same roof, but installed by Ford. I paid $2.5K, which is what you should expect to pay. If you get it from a Ford dealer, installed 'by delaer' it would be $3K. Here's a link to CDC's website:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=116

I'll be posting some pics soon.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you like it?
Love it so far, just picked the car up yesterday, though; and there is a small issue I need them to take a look at, fit and finish issue. There's about 3-4" of more headroom. The 'nano' technology in the glass blocks 95% of UV, similar to wearing SPF50, so they say. When I drove home yesterday, it was sunny and about 89, I felt no additional heat on my head or in the car beyond normal. It really opens up the car too; not a Vert, but the next best thing, w/o the body-flex issues of a Vert. Please dont' flame me 'Black Vert Mafia', I LOVE convertibles, but the fact is they are not as structurally rigid as the Coupe, by definition they can't be. :simmadown:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some pics. It's truly bitchin' IMHO!
:roller:

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:thinkerg:

Can I do that to my vert??

:cowtounge:
You could, but putting the top down would be problematic. :cowtounge:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Looks great. Are you able to put a shade over it at all like the factory installed ones? Either way, it looks very nice. I saw another one recently installed on a newer GT and it too looked great. Congrats.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great. Are you able to put a shade over it at all like the factory installed ones? Either way, it looks very nice. I saw another one recently installed on a newer GT and it too looked great. Congrats.
The shade is the one delta between the Ford '09 option and this one, there is no shade; however, I am going to cobble something together with a roll-up window shade for a house, using some kind of shear black clothe. I know what I want to do, and how to do it, I just need to find the parts I need. Today was a scorcher here in Merryland, and although I did feel some additional heat on the old noggin' it was OK; what I'm doing is taking one of the AC center dash vents and directing upwards so there is a cool air flow up there, seems to work very well in keeping what little thermals there are, at bay. Going on my first long distance cruise, with the GT500, to CT this weekend for my niece's wedding, it's supposed to be sunny and warm all weekend, which will give me a good chance to try it out. So far I am very pleased with it. The glass, multilayer laminate, uses the same technology that is found in modern sky-scrapers to block UV & IR wave-lengths. They reference a 'nano-technology' in their more detailed brochure, the one the dealers get. It supposedly blocks 99% of UV-B rays, which are the nasty ones for your skin, and interior materials.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Doneal,
Looks great!!... I was thinking about doing it but my stripes are the only things holding me back... I'm kinda partial to my stripes... Looks awesome on a stripe delete...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doneal,
Looks great!!... I was thinking about doing it but my stripes are the only things holding me back... I'm kinda partial to my stripes... Looks awesome on a stripe delete...
Check out Stangnet.com's project GT500 White w/ Blue Stripes. CDC did all the work, and put perforated vinyl white and blue on roof, looks like a regular hardtop, but can see thru from inside. Here's the link:

http://www.stangnet.com/GT500-Project.html

You'll love it! This was my inspiration, w/o the stripes of course! :info-smilie:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Please dont' flame me 'Black Vert Mafia', I LOVE convertibles, but the fact is they are not as structurally rigid as the Coupe, by definition they can't be. :simmadown:
:flame:

:rofl:

Looks great. Vert feel, without the wind in your hair.

Enjoy! :banana_hitit:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:flame:

:rofl:

Looks great. Vert feel, without the wind in your hair.

Enjoy! :banana_hitit:

Thanks Joe. I most certainly was not slamming the Verts with my opinion of the rigidity. My first choice was a Vert, I could not find one. That's why I had to have the Glassback installed in my coupe to compensate for the lack of that open feeling only a Vert can provide; I'm a bit claustrophobic in some cars, particularly ones with two doors and dark interiors. The GT500 is just OK for me, even w/o the Glassback, but with it, it's really opened it up for my head, so to speak. I just happened upon a red GT500 Vert in Guilford, CT this past weekend, $52K on the sticker, and NO MARKUP, they had a $5K dealer markup label on it from earlier, but were very quick to point out it was being sold for sticker. It was red too! I was SOOOOO tempted!!!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
No problem doneal.

Enjoy the new Vert feel.

:bandit:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts