Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT 500 Twister Orange with black stripes
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jut took delivery of my 2021 GT500. I have a 4 post life which used to house my 70 Nova. Now with my GT500 replacing that, the car is about 5 inches wider. The outer lips of the front tires barely fit on the outer lip of the lift tracks. Also, with my nova , I could hang out the window and guide the front tires onto the ramp with my eyes but with the GT500, I cant seem a damn thing.

It's so tight that I dont want to be playing with fire. Is there a camera or laser sensor that can help? I sure someone else out there has a lift that they solved this problem with some type of gadget.

Any advise is much appreciated.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
41,418 Posts
Jut took delivery of my 2021 GT500. I have a 4 post life which used to house my 70 Nova. Now with my GT500 replacing that, the car is about 5 inches wider. The outer lips of the front tires barely fit on the outer lip of the lift tracks. Also, with my nova , I could hang out the window and guide the front tires onto the ramp with my eyes but with the GT500, I cant seem a damn thing.

It's so tight that I dont want to be playing with fire. Is there a camera or laser sensor that can help? I sure someone else out there has a lift that they solved this problem with some type of gadget.

Any advise is much appreciated.
My advice is to back onto the lift. I back into my 2-post lift… I use a combo of the backup camera as well as the side mirrors angled down watching the rear wheels.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My advice is to back onto the lift. I back into my 2-post lift… I use a combo of the backup camera as well as the side mirrors angled down watching the rear wheels.
Im not sure I can do that as I have a I-Beam running accross my garage ceiling that would hit the car in that orientation.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,418 Posts
Im not sure I can do that as I have a I-Beam running accross my garage ceiling that would hit the car in that orientation.
Use a helper to guide you in or an iPad/iPhone on the outside that you could FaceTime and use the video feed for guidance.

Reactions: 2112 and AZ21GT500

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
41,418 Posts
I dont have the luxary of a helper when I am coming home late at night. Is there a wireless camera I am mount on the fender?
GoPro cameras feed video to phones.

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
423 Posts
I dont have the luxary of a helper when I am coming home late at night. Is there a wireless camera I am mount on the fender?
Add a ring doorbell to the wall in front of the lift and use the app to watch your approach. Might work?

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,338 Posts
Some folks have added a front camera to their grill to prevent scraping their splitter, I bet you could do the same. I don’t have one so I can’t recall which brand or where they got it but some folks found a way to tie it into the stock Nav screen.

·
Premium Member
Ruby Red 2014
2,664 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
293 Posts
Strategically located mirrors mounted on the wall?

This is what I did. I have a similar situation (4 post lift, barely enough room to squeeze the GT500 on it). I placed a mirror in a location where I can see the tires/lift on the drivers side. Has worked well for me. Prior to this setup, I had my wife guide me every dang time, lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is what I did. I have a similar situation (4 post lift, barely enough room to squeeze the GT500 on it). I placed a mirror in a location where I can see the tires/lift on the drivers side. Has worked well for me. Prior to this setup, I had my wife guide me every dang time, lol.
Where did you mount the mirror? Also, it must be challenging at night to see?

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
293 Posts
Where did you mount the mirror? Also, it must be challenging at night to see?
When parked on the lift, the mirror is mounted on a wall next to the drivers side door. It is roughly level with the car’s mirror (while on the lift) and pointed down so u can look out the drivers window and see the rear tires while parked. On approach, I can see my front tires and after a point switch to watching the rear.

As for lighting, I guess that all depends on what lights you have turn on when your garage door opens. So YMMV on that one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When parked on the lift, the mirror is mounted on a wall next to the drivers side door. It is roughly level with the car’s mirror (while on the lift) and pointed down so u can look out the drivers window and see the rear tires while parked. On approach, I can see my front tires and after a point switch to watching the rear.

As for lighting, I guess that all depends on what lights you have turn on when your garage door opens. So YMMV on that one.
Would you be willih to provide a pic of the mirror and mounting ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just purchased 4 Wyze v3 cameras from amazon. Gonna mount them our back of lift and on front walls so I get a 360 view. $130 total. They stream 30 fps and are 1080p and have night vision

lets see

1 - 17 of 17 Posts