Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black
1,639 Posts
Curious why Rotary lifts haven't come up in this discussion.
FWIW, I believe DirectLift is owned by Rotary Lift.

Actually, Bendpak is trying to get in to the accessories package game. When I was looking at lifts I was strongly considering the Bendpak GP-9F or GP-9XLT (see link below), but they had not yet come to market. When I called Bendpak to ask about them, they weren't going to be ready until late fall of 2019 and they were in the process of seeking ALI certification. I didn't want to wait that long, and I'm glad I didn't, as it now looks like they won't be available until Spring 2020.

That's good to see, especially at reasonable price point(s).

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,241 Posts
FWIW, I believe DirectLift is owned by Rotary Lift.
Interesting. I still see the two product lines listed separately, but I did find the announcement where Rotary bought Direct.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Rotary is ALI certified but marketed towards the commercial market such as dealerships and priced accordingly. They don't pursue us small hobbyists.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Now that I have the car (woohoo!), I've started the garage remodel project. I was initially leaning towards Direct Lift based on input from this thread, yet a coworker suggested I look into BendPak (link below). Does anyone know how this compares to the Direct Lift option that was recommended in this thread? Thanks!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts
Now that I have the car (woohoo!), I've started the garage remodel project. I was initially leaning towards Direct Lift based on input from this thread, yet a coworker suggested I look into BendPak (link below). Does anyone know how this compares to the Direct Lift option that was recommended in this thread? Thanks!
I have two Bendpak 4-post lifts and love them! I would put Bendpak at the top of the quality and safety list. They are well engineered and have lots of safety redundancy. I have the 9000 pound lifts with the 220v option:

F52126B1-FC03-498A-A37D-A8E939B07399.jpeg
607D3A12-1C3A-48F9-8941-D74F39393AFB.jpeg
E943BE09-9CE1-4696-95B4-AB5B4EC3030B.jpeg

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
IMO, they're both good options. When I did the comparison (a couple of years ago), I chose DirectLift for several reasons. First, their ProPark 8S lift was the best fit for my available space. Their lifts are ALI-certified, which was an important safety consideration. Third, their lifts operate on 110V, which is easier/cheaper to install than 220V. Fourth, their locking mechanism doesn't require compressed air to disengage, making for a simpler/cheaper install. Finally, they include a number of accessories (i.e., casters, drip trays, and jack tray) at no extra charge. Obviously, the third, fourth, and fifth factors there made DirectLift the most cost-effective option for me.

·
Registered
576 Posts
IMO, they're both good options. When I did the comparison (a couple of years ago), I chose DirectLift for several reasons. First, their ProPark 8S lift was the best fit for my available space. Their lifts are ALI-certified, which was an important safety consideration. Third, their lifts operate on 110V, which is easier/cheaper to install than 220V. Fourth, their locking mechanism doesn't require compressed air to disengage, making for a simpler/cheaper install. Finally, they include a number of accessories (i.e., casters, drip trays, and jack tray) at no extra charge. Obviously, the third, fourth, and fifth factors there made DirectLift the most cost-effective option for me.
Great lifts, I have 2 and soon to purchase a 3rd. not only a great lift but certainly can’t beat the price

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I’ve been looking to have a Direct Lift installed, but there don’t seem to be any distributors local to the Indianapolis area. I found a company that would ship it to me, but won’t install it (they didn’t have any in stock anyways).

Has anyone else run into this? Any tips for how to find a reputable company to install this thing if I find someone who would ship it?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I’ve been looking to have a Direct Lift installed, but there don’t seem to be any distributors local to the Indianapolis area. I found a company that would ship it to me, but won’t install it (they didn’t have any in stock anyways).

Has anyone else run into this? Any tips for how to find a reputable company to install this thing if I find someone who would ship it?
I bought mine from BestBuyauto Equipment.com.Shipped it to my house and I installed it. Very easy to assemble took me by myself about 5hours with Engine hoist as my helper LOL

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts

I got Bendpak lifts and asked them for referrals to local installers. They put me in contact with one that I used for all of my lifts.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

DirectLift referred me to their Denver distributor that, in turn, referred me to a local (Colo Spgs) based installer who delivered and installed mine.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
I found a company closer to me that can install the Atlas Pro 8000. Anyone know how this compares to the Direct Lift? It seemed to also run on 110v, which is important to me. I'm trying to avoid having another 220v outlet installed, as my electrical panels are maxed out after putting in a pool/hot tub. Certainly a first world problem. :)

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
449 Posts
A friend of mine had a company named auto tool USA install lifts for him. I do not know the brand of the lift but he is in Franklin Indiana and does travel. The phone number is 1-800-880-3753

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
A friend of mine had a company named auto tool USA install lifts for him. I do not know the brand of the lift but he is in Franklin Indiana and does travel. The phone number is 1-800-880-3753
Just looked it up, and it sounds like they make their own lifts. As I’ve done more research, there are a bunch of companies that seem to just make knockoffs of the Direct Lift / Atlas style. However, most don’t seem to be ALI certified. Sounds easy to have “a” lift installed, harder to get a specific brand without installing yourself or finding an independent installer (as they all seem to have a specific brand they use).

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
449 Posts
Just looked it up, and it sounds like they make their own lifts. As I’ve done more research, there are a bunch of companies that seem to just make knockoffs of the Direct Lift / Atlas style. However, most don’t seem to be ALI certified. Sounds easy to have “a” lift installed, harder to get a specific brand without installing yourself or finding an independent installer (as they all seem to have a specific brand they use).
I will have to keep this in mind when I go to purchase a lift. Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
+1. I installed a set of lights aimed up under the car and another aimed down to illuminate the floor as well (since dropping stuff is a fairly routine occurence).

These lights are great! I installed a set of 8 footers on the walls around the lift where they provide great light for detailing.
Hey @Norton --- how/where did you mount the lights aimed down? Thx.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
Under the runways, with magnetic tape.
Did you use the Barrina lights mentioned earlier in this thread, or some sort of other, perhaps thinner, light? I'm planning on doing the Barrinas for aiming up, but I'm not sure if there is enough clearance between the ground and the bottom side of the runway for another set of Barrinas facing down.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Did you use the Barrina lights mentioned earlier in this thread, or some sort of other, perhaps thinner, light? I'm planning on doing the Barrinas for aiming up, but I'm not sure if there is enough clearance between the ground and the bottom side of the runway for another set of Barrinas facing down.
There's LOTS of room in the "recesses" under the runways (not on the bottoms that contact the floor). ;)

61 - 80 of 80 Posts