Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Triple Black
1,639 Posts
love my 4 post.If you get a four post the light kit is a must LOL never use a drop light again😎
+1. I installed a set of lights aimed up under the car and another aimed down to illuminate the floor as well (since dropping stuff is a fairly routine occurence).

These lights are great! I installed a set of 8 footers on the walls around the lift where they provide great light for detailing.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts
Thanks! Yes I’m in Kennesaw, my C6 is the 427, I always wanted one since the 1960’s. It’s got 505 HP but Cobra is faster with 550HP. Fit and finish on my Cobra is terrific especially the Engine.
Some light reading for you if you are up for it Njja:

·
Registered
2012 Kona Blue SVTPP GT500
104 Posts
+1. I installed a set of lights aimed up under the car and another aimed down to illuminate the floor as well (since dropping stuff is a fairly routine occurence).

These lights are great! I installed a set of 8 footers on the walls around the lift where they provide great light for detailing.
Norton or anyone else who has used these Barrina lights with Direct Lifts and the sliding lift jack: do they clear? I believe there's an inch or two, but wanted to see how they work with the sliding jack.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Some light reading for you if you are up for it Njja:

I really don’t get that deeply into semantics. To be honest I often refer to it as a Cobra because it is emblazoned with Cobra badges all over the vehicle including my stock Car Cover.
I’m not trying to offend the technical experts out there.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,360 Posts
I really don’t get that deeply into semantics. To be honest I often refer to it as a Cobra because it is emblazoned with Cobra badges all over the vehicle including my stock Car Cover.
I’m not trying to offend the technical experts out there.
This topic pops up from time to time. The long and the short of it is your car cannot be a Shelby AND a Cobra without looking like this:

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kona Blue SVTPP GT500
104 Posts
Ok they’re in my cart! How is everyone attaching? I’m thinking just 3M tape?

·
Registered
41 Posts
This topic pops up from time to time. The long and the short of it is your car cannot be a Shelby AND a Cobra without looking like this:

View attachment 196141
Oops looks like I have run afoul of the “Cobra Police” I should have seen that coming but I thought we were discussing lifts for the Garage? I hope I don’t find myself impeached! :p

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hey @Buttinz, confirming, which one did you go with on the Barrina lights -- the 5000k or 6500k? Thx.
They should be about the same brightness, but 6500K may have a bit of a bluish tinge to it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was just at the Barrett Jackson auction and they had a number of lifts there, and I made some comparisons. Direct lift (I have 3) are a low price point. They work fine. Make sure you get the higher lift if your garage allows. The standard Direct Lift is just short for my 6'-1" melon. I do not clear and have the chronic scrape in the scalp. Advantage Lifts were very similar and have some options on the ramps for aluminum and protection strips for the floor. I was impressed. BendPak is also a good value. Since most of the 4 post lifts come with jack tray, drip trays and casters I would consider getting the sliding jack. Allows you to get all 4 wheels off for work.Advantage has aluminum center panels for off season storage of mower/bikes etc. advantage also was selling the LED strip lights with magnetic attachments. One final thing to check is the post height/door height. I went to move a Direct lift out of the garage and found the cable end thread and nut on top of the posts that do the lifting were too high and had to be removed to slide the lift out of the door, a lot of fooling around, but if the unit is to be assembled as a whole and delivered, you might need to fight this problem.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I was just at the Barrett Jackson auction and they had a number of lifts there, and I made some comparisons. Direct lift (I have 3) are a low price point. They work fine. Make sure you get the higher lift if your garage allows. The standard Direct Lift is just short for my 6'-1" melon. I do not clear and have the chronic scrape in the scalp. Advantage Lifts were very similar and have some options on the ramps for aluminum and protection strips for the floor. I was impressed. BendPak is also a good value. Since most of the 4 post lifts come with jack tray, drip trays and casters I would consider getting the sliding jack. Allows you to get all 4 wheels off for work.Advantage has aluminum center panels for off season storage of mower/bikes etc. advantage also was selling the LED strip lights with magnetic attachments. One final thing to check is the post height/door height. I went to move a Direct lift out of the garage and found the cable end thread and nut on top of the posts that do the lifting were too high and had to be removed to slide the lift out of the door, a lot of fooling around, but if the unit is to be assembled as a whole and delivered, you might need to fight this problem.
Good info but, unless something's changed since I did my comparison a couple of years ago, DirectLift was the only one that included jack tray, drip trays and casters at no extra charge. They were available for others, but came at extra cost. DirectLift and Bendpak were ALI-certified, as were Challenger and Quality, but (IIRC) Advantage was not.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,241 Posts
Curious why Rotary lifts haven't come up in this discussion.

·
Super Moderator
5,099 Posts
Good info but, unless something's changed since I did my comparison a couple of years ago, DirectLift was the only one that included jack tray, drip trays and casters at no extra charge. They were available for others, but came at extra cost. DirectLift and Bendpak were ALI-certified, as were Challenger and Quality, but (IIRC) Advantage was not.
Actually, Bendpak is trying to get in to the accessories package game. When I was looking at lifts I was strongly considering the Bendpak GP-9F or GP-9XLT (see link below), but they had not yet come to market. When I called Bendpak to ask about them, they weren't going to be ready until late fall of 2019 and they were in the process of seeking ALI certification. I didn't want to wait that long, and I'm glad I didn't, as it now looks like they won't be available until Spring 2020.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts