Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

Registered
Yes, sir! Watching the weather forecast -- let's hope this storm cycle moves out in time!
Yeah, this time of year it's a luck of the draw thing. Right now it's looking promising but that could change. This holiday weekend is supposed to be beautiful here all weekend. Lots to do around the house for me though. No planned festivities. Cleaning the car up and maybe wax will be a priority. :grin:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #63
*** I've tried to capture the all the relevant details about the trip in the first post of the thread. Please refer to the first post for updates. ***

Registered
*** I've tried to capture the all the relevant details about the trip in the first post of the thread. Please refer to the first post for updates. ***
Cris, you going up 400 to 19 and cut across to Murphy ?
I'm going up 575/515 to Murphy to 60 then 74...

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #65
Cris, you going up 400 to 19 and cut across to Murphy ?
I'm going up 575/515 to Murphy to 60 then 74...
Hey Mark! Great -- glad you can make it. :bigthumb:

There's a group of us meeting at 6:45am on Saturday morning at the QT in Jasper GA. You are welcome to meet up with us there and caravan up to the Dragon.

Yep, we'll head up 515 / 76 up past Blue Ridge, pick up 60 to Mineral Bluff, then 60S to 74 to Murphy, Marble and Topton, then 129 to Robbinsville and beyond to Deals Gap (Dragon).

I'll add this info to the first post.

Registered
So you guys will be in Deals Gap by 9?

Registered
Hey Mark! Great -- glad you can make it. :bigthumb:

There's a group of us meeting at 6:45am on Saturday morning at the QT in Jasper GA. You are welcome to meet up with us there and caravan up to the Dragon.

Yep, we'll head up 515 / 76 up past Blue Ridge, pick up 60 to Mineral Bluff, then 60S to 74 to Murphy, Marble and Topton, then 129 to Robbinsville and beyond to Deals Gap (Dragon).

I'll add this info to the first post.
See you at the QT in Jasper

Registered
Yes. We'll do the Dragon a couple of times and then meet the rest of the group at Fontana Dam at 11am.
We'll see. I'll PM you my cell Kris. We would need to leave here by 4 AM to get there by 9.:surprise:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #70
We'll see. I'll PM you my cell Kris. We would need to leave here by 4 AM to get there by 9.:surprise:
10-4, Jon! Although it would be more cost, you could drive part way on Friday night to cut your drive down some. Just a thought! :grin: See how good I am at spending other people's money! LOL! :grin:

Registered
The rain chance keeps going down. When I first started checking it was at 70% Saturday and 60% Sunday. Right now it's down to 40% both days. Let's hope it keeps going down. :cheers:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #72
The rain chance keeps going down. When I first started checking it was at 70% Saturday and 60% Sunday. Right now it's down to 40% both days. Let's hope it keeps going down. :cheers:
Good trend! I've been watching the weather forecast as well. :wink:

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #73
Hey guys. See first post for update on Saturday night dinner. I need to give the tavern a firm headcount for the reservation by this Saturday 5/26. Please let me know if you are in or out.

Alan, can you get the headcount number for your group to me please?
@67restoMod (Mark)
@fastback (Joe)
@BLKwRD14 (Jon)
@2FANGS (David) + 1 other
@alan0614 (Alan) + 8 others
@fletchffletch (Kris) + 3 others (plus maybe a couple of more)

Registered
Kris, we're in. Bev and I :cheers:

Registered
Kris,

I'm bringing one more Mustang and a 1990 ZR1. All of us will doing a one day up and back trip.Total of three cars. If the ZR1 can keep up

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #78
Kris,

I'm bringing one more Mustang and a 1990 ZR1. All of us will doing a one day up and back trip.Total of three cars. If the ZR1 can keep up
LOL! :grin:

@67restoMod --> Mark, sounds good. I will assume you are a no-go for the 7pm Saturday night dinner, given you have a ~3 hour drive back to ATL.

See you at the QT in Jasper at 6:45am on Saturday morning.

Registered
LOL! :grin:

@67restoMod --> Mark, sounds good. I will assume you are a no-go for the 7pm Saturday night dinner, given you have a ~3 hour drive back to ATL.

See you at the QT in Jasper at 6:45am on Saturday morning.
No go for dinner :|

Registered
Kris, we are 9-10 people. I鈥檓 bringing an interesting mix of cars. Two GT350鈥檚, Charger Scat Pack, Roush Stage 3, built WRX, and a 370. We sold our 500 and bought a new 350. Guess I鈥檒l be breaking it in on the way to the Dragon.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts