Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I just found this forum and thought I would give it a try. I have been driving Mustangs since I was old enough to drive. I currently own a 2006 GT of which I am selling in order to purchase my GT500. My GT is my fourth Mustang. I am in the Navy right now and plan to locate and buy my Shelby following my upcoming deployment. I am looking at installing an Evolution Performance Combo as soon as I get it. Does anyone in here have one of these combo's in their car? Pros/Cons? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would that be because of the headers or something else? I should be able to run a pretty conservative street tune, so that shouldnt hinder Smog and I will be running with a high flow cat and not the off road mid pipe.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Fortunately if you buy it in CA you don't have to have it smogged for 5 years. But the long tubes are illegal because they alter the original position of the cats, not because they necessarily increase emissions, and eventually you'll have to get it inspected. You can certainly have a superfast car with the stock manifolds, though. I just traded in my '06 GT with 17,000 miles. It was an agonizing decision but I absolutely love my Shelby.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I've heard of several people that actually passed the emissions test but in CA they perform a visual inspection looking for anything aftermarket that doesn't have a CARB exemption sticker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I guess I will be good for at least 5 years. Then I will have to find someone who doesnt look that hard......Or maybe not at all

·
Registered
97 Posts
Research headers before you spend the money. Only 5-10hp.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am an Evo Stage 2 car (JLT) and love the power. I might go a bit more, but not by much... it is the perfect daily driver with a crapload of power and instant response... so I'm very happy.

No need for headers, our flow well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts