Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

Function Factory Carbon Hood Vent

2020+ 
5K views 96 replies 13 participants last post by  Kagey 
#1 ·
Anybody seen any carbon stuff from FFP? They have a carbon hood vent for $899 that looks like a clone of the of Ford Performance one. Nobody can even give me a guess to how long the FP one will take to come in, and the Python is a LOT more expensive and doesn’t come with a carbon rain tray which I really want so I can put a snake decal on it and not have it come off.

Anybody have any experience with them?

#2 ·
I have not seen their CF parts in person, but Charles, the owner of FFP is dealing with supply chain issues like everyone else. @LivinEZ is about to receive one of their first CFTP wings.

As for the rain tray, I haven’t run one in the car since it was new.

#3 ·
I hollered at Charles and inquired. He said he will have about 15 of them that will ship at the end of the month.

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Wheel

#4 ·
Do they offer any promo codes for their stuff? I just saw that they sponsored your CFTP!

Reactions: HVCalTech
#8 ·
Excellent, congrats! What’s the code?

#10 ·
I guess it doesn't hurt to share for our forum guys! It is GT500, which showed up after I got cold feet and left it in my cart lol I think it's about 3%, so the cost is $872.99 plus tax.

#21 ·
I would HIGHLY recommend not ordering anything from Function Factory Performance.
Any context to that? Just saying not to do it doesn't really help.

#32 ·
Any more info on the ETA of the hood vents? I ordered on 8/3, order 24266144. I attempted to call but didn’t have time to wait on hold at the time. I’m cool with waiting for the vent. I just wondered if you had some idea of when they’d ship. I have several other carbon parts and will go ahead and schedule ceramic/ppf with my detailer on the parts I have if it will be a while. If there’s a chance of getting one within the next couple weeks, I’ll wait and schedule everything all at once since it will save me some money.

#43 ·
Charles - I appreciate you corresponding and addressing peoples questions/issues. Lots of owners don't want to hear the feedback good or bad. Being a small(er) business owner does have it's challenges and really applaud you addressing these. It's a personal touch and to me this goes a long way. It seems like there's a few tweaks that need to be done which you are looking into. Obviously if things don't change, you loose business but getting the feedback is a first step, without it your only indicator is lack of sales. You mentioned QC and to me a quality product goes a long way and something most of us are looking for. I'd wait for a perfect product at a fair price than get a substandard one, return it and repeat several times. I would rather get an email prior saying several in the batch were not up to your FFP standard and it will be 'x' wait for the next batch or allow me to cancel. Thanks again for being on and look forward to getting mine whenever it shows up (I don't have a timeline so I'm lucky in that regard).

#44 ·
We've been through at least 10 QC issues with the wings that I usually post on my IG about. I've broken it, thrown it, hit it, jumped on it, done top-speed runs, and everything possible as I'm going to be the hardest on the product than my consumer. It was even advised and tested by Billy Johnson, I don't know how much more credibility we can get haha.

For the September batch, I've changed up the boxing completely to match the OEM quality with even more padding to protect the end plates. The wing stands are now glossy black instead of matte black.

As for the vents, we had one QC issue, I didn't like the rain tray, we made a switch to have the shiny carbon on the bottom so when you open the hood, the clear coat carbon is showing.

I appreciate the acknowledgment!

#64 ·
I’ve tested it over and over. I see at least 50 + calls a day. If you call during lunch hours, it will not ring.

My Main support staff member ended up in the hospital, I’ve been in England, and now I’ve got a new guy trying to pick up the slack. It’s not an excuse, just trying to show you what’s happening on our end.

If you do not use our contact page portal, you might not get a reply as we track most of our email communications through that inbox.

#65 ·
I am still getting your after hours message after several attempts to call, and it is 10:13AM in Arizona, so something is clearly wrong. You can’t leave a voicemail either because it says the voice mailbox is full.

• Wow
Reactions: AZ21GT500
#69 ·
I did all of that and never received a response. I'm just trying to cancel my order at this point...

#79 ·
Guys, I'm very much alive and very active in the Facebook group.
I've informed everyone of the hard ship date of September 10th.

Our production capability is massive. I'm bringing in 15 wings every month and 60 of these vents on the first batch but thank you for the vote on confidence.

Feel free to message me or text me on FB.

Reactions: Kagey
#95 ·
My hood vent is scheduled to be here tomorrow!!! :)
I got a few emails from Charles and FFP. I get it and understand things happen, plus I'm not in a rush. Communication is key but taking ownership for the issues and saying we are fixing them is a big deal. A lot of places don't say anything.
This is my first CF part of many (I hope) so I'm sure when I order other stuff from whatever company the same sort of stuff can happen.
My biggest concern with any CF part is that it comes unscathed, no blemishes or cracks, no issues. Most of the time you really only hear about the horror stories as everyone glams on to that but at least on here we do hear about other success stories (and pics!).
Once it's here and checked over, then off to PPF and ceramic before install. I hate to do piecemeal but not in a position to purchase a lot of CF parts right now ($$$$$), although it's real tempting. Will post pics, impression, when it arrives.

#96 ·
Got the hood vent today and the package didn’t look good but very well packed inside.
Both pieces look great but the rain tray is incredible.
The box was actually partially open on the bottom tape seam.
A little better job of communication and the whole thing would have been a better experience.
Thanks Charles!

#97 ·
I received mine today. The box and everything was packed well with double foam. Mine was delivered by FedEx.
I do agree the rain tray does look nice and plan to post some pics but I have a scratch on the rain tray and some other questions since I know zero about CF parts and what I should expect. Will start another thread for that.
Packing materials Gas Automotive exterior Bag Plastic

Rectangle Linens Font Beige Wood

Ingredient Human leg Cuisine Dish Nail

Reactions: AZ21GT500
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.