Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hi Chad,

If you haven't submitted a ticket on our contact form, it's very hard for us to track emails. Donny and Randy are doing the best they can. All vent orders are shipping 2nd week of September.
I haven’t tried the contact form because I was trying to get an answer quickly before the other vents got bought up, so I was calling. In my experience with other vendors, 99% of vendors either ignore emails or get around to answering them in a month or two. Lol. It’s usually better to call.

When I googled arizona time, I kept getting conflicting times, but I definitely did call today several times well before your advertised closing time, and the automated message said you were closed every time. The automated message said something about “after hours.” So I want to make sure I’m understanding you correctly. You have enough hood vents coming 2nd week of September to cover all current outstanding orders? I’m not sure if I want to wait another month since that’s about the end of car show season anyway, but I’ll try submitting a ticket once I make up my mind.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
33 Posts
I haven’t tried the contact form because I was trying to get an answer quickly before the other vents got bought up, so I was calling. In my experience with other vendors, 99% of vendors either ignore emails or get around to answering them in a month or two. Lol. It’s usually better to call.

When I googled arizona time, I kept getting conflicting times, but I definitely did call today several times well before your advertised closing time, and the automated message said you were closed every time. The automated message said something about “after hours.” So I want to make sure I’m understanding you correctly. You have enough hood vents coming 2nd week of September to cover all current outstanding orders? I’m not sure if I want to wait another month since that’s about the end of car show season anyway, but I’ll try submitting a ticket once I make up my mind.
I will look into the phone system tomorrow and report back. Yes, I have enough hood vents to cover the current pre-orders.

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Black
407 Posts
Charles - I appreciate you corresponding and addressing peoples questions/issues. Lots of owners don't want to hear the feedback good or bad. Being a small(er) business owner does have it's challenges and really applaud you addressing these. It's a personal touch and to me this goes a long way. It seems like there's a few tweaks that need to be done which you are looking into. Obviously if things don't change, you loose business but getting the feedback is a first step, without it your only indicator is lack of sales. You mentioned QC and to me a quality product goes a long way and something most of us are looking for. I'd wait for a perfect product at a fair price than get a substandard one, return it and repeat several times. I would rather get an email prior saying several in the batch were not up to your FFP standard and it will be 'x' wait for the next batch or allow me to cancel. Thanks again for being on and look forward to getting mine whenever it shows up (I don't have a timeline so I'm lucky in that regard).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Charles - I appreciate you corresponding and addressing peoples questions/issues. Lots of owners don't want to hear the feedback good or bad. Being a small(er) business owner does have it's challenges and really applaud you addressing these. It's a personal touch and to me this goes a long way. It seems like there's a few tweaks that need to be done which you are looking into. Obviously if things don't change, you loose business but getting the feedback is a first step, without it your only indicator is lack of sales. You mentioned QC and to me a quality product goes a long way and something most of us are looking for. I'd wait for a perfect product at a fair price than get a substandard one, return it and repeat several times. I would rather get an email prior saying several in the batch were not up to your FFP standard and it will be 'x' wait for the next batch or allow me to cancel. Thanks again for being on and look forward to getting mine whenever it shows up (I don't have a timeline so I'm lucky in that regard).
We've been through at least 10 QC issues with the wings that I usually post on my IG about. I've broken it, thrown it, hit it, jumped on it, done top-speed runs, and everything possible as I'm going to be the hardest on the product than my consumer. It was even advised and tested by Billy Johnson, I don't know how much more credibility we can get haha.

For the September batch, I've changed up the boxing completely to match the OEM quality with even more padding to protect the end plates. The wing stands are now glossy black instead of matte black.

As for the vents, we had one QC issue, I didn't like the rain tray, we made a switch to have the shiny carbon on the bottom so when you open the hood, the clear coat carbon is showing.

I appreciate the acknowledgment!

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,776 Posts
We've been through at least 10 QC issues with the wings that I usually post on my IG about. I've broken it, thrown it, hit it, jumped on it, done top-speed runs, and everything possible as I'm going to be the hardest on the product than my consumer. It was even advised and tested by Billy Johnson, I don't know how much more credibility we can get haha.

For the September batch, I've changed up the boxing completely to match the OEM quality with even more padding to protect the end plates. The wing stands are now glossy black instead of matte black.

As for the vents, we had one QC issue, I didn't like the rain tray, we made a switch to have the shiny carbon on the bottom so when you open the hood, the clear coat carbon is showing.

Video of you jumping on the wing or it didn’t happen 🤣

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Legit! But, assuming it can put 500 lbs of downforce it’s no surprise it can hold a 170lbs man 😉
Sarcasm, I understand but try doing that to a hollow wing, spider cracks for days or I've seen them completely cave in.

Reactions: Kagey and Evolvd

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

You have any pics of the vent mounted on a car? How about the rain tray? The glossy finish definitely is a plus since I want to put the snake decal on it, and it will stick better on the glossy surface. I’ve read about the decal coming off the rough texture factory rain tray.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You have any pics of the vent mounted on a car? How about the rain tray? The glossy finish definitely is a plus since I want to put the snake decal on it, and it will stick better on the glossy surface. I’ve read about the decal coming off the rough texture factory rain tray.
Here's our prototype test fit, I'll have a rain tray test sample within the coming month.

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
3,280 Posts
I have no idea if it was during lunch hours since your system says Arizona time, and Arizona has two time zones according to google. I tried to call several times yesterday and today. Your site says you are in Scottsdale which is Mountain time. Your hours are listed as MONDAY-FRIDAY 9:00 AM-5:00 PM ARIZONA TIME That makes it 4:37 PM there now, and your system says you are not open. It has said that the last few times I’ve called. I wouldn’t be cluttering this thread if I could get a hold of somebody in your customer service. All I want to know is if my order will be shipped in the next batch of orders and if it will be longer than that, I want to cancel my order at this point, and I will take my chances with finding a Ford Peformance one. I actually could have ordered one a couple days ago when another forum member posted some in stock at 3 different Ford dealers, but I couldn’t get a hold of anyone to see if I was getting one from you and sure didn’t want to end up with two of them.
Google lies 😂😂😂 We have 1 time zone that never changes it’s called Az Mountain Standard time. We don’t observe any clock flipping.

Reactions: Evolvd

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ya you gotta expand on that one…
The issue was rectified and I sent him a SPE carbon fiber intake for the troubles.

those comments are not going to age well lol

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Google lies 😂😂😂 We have 1 time zone that never changes it’s called Az Mountain Standard time. We don’t observe any clock flipping.
Tell me about it. Google gave me 2 different times when I tried to figure out the time zone there and when I tried to clarify it, it got even more confusing. Lol

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Antimatter Blue
306 Posts
The issue was rectified and I sent him a SPE carbon fiber intake for the troubles.

those comments are not going to age well lol
I went back and edited my previous posts to reflect the current state of affairs, so that should help.

·
Super Moderator
3,280 Posts
[
I went back and edited my previous posts to reflect the current state of affairs, so that should help.
Its always good to add an edit if there’s a resolution. Glad you updated it. I’m in business that’s seen our stuff sitting on ships in port for 3-4 months and we’re considered a high priority for offload. I doubt they are giving CF parts that priority.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts