Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody seen any carbon stuff from FFP? They have a carbon hood vent for $899 that looks like a clone of the of Ford Performance one. Nobody can even give me a guess to how long the FP one will take to come in, and the Python is a LOT more expensive and doesn’t come with a carbon rain tray which I really want so I can put a snake decal on it and not have it come off.

Anybody have any experience with them?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,873 Posts
Anybody seen any carbon stuff from FFP? They have a carbon hood vent for $899 that looks like a clone of the of Ford Performance one. Nobody can even give me a guess to how long the FP one will take to come in, and the Python is a LOT more expensive and doesn’t come with a carbon rain tray which I really want so I can put a snake decal on it and not have it come off.

Anybody have any experience with them?
I have not seen their CF parts in person, but Charles, the owner of FFP is dealing with supply chain issues like everyone else. @LivinEZ is about to receive one of their first CFTP wings.

As for the rain tray, I haven’t run one in the car since it was new.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
43,873 Posts
I hollered at Charles and inquired. He said he will have about 15 of them that will ship at the end of the month.

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Wheel

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Base Rapid Red
186 Posts
Reactions: HVCalTech

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
43,873 Posts
Do they offer any promo codes for their stuff? I just saw that they sponsored your CFTP!
None that I am aware of. At $899 it’s considerably cheaper than the Python vent I have.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hollered at Charles and inquired. He said he will have about 15 of them that will ship at the end of the month.

View attachment 242856
Cool. Think I’m going to order one. Was going to order a Ford Performance one, but all vendors can tell me is it will come when it comes which is not very comforting. Lol

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ordered one! Turns out there was a promo code...

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
43,873 Posts
Reactions: HVCalTech

·
Registered
186 Posts
I guess it doesn't hurt to share for our forum guys! It is GT500, which showed up after I got cold feet and left it in my cart lol I think it's about 3%, so the cost is $872.99 plus tax.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess it doesn't hurt to share for our forum guys! It is GT500, which showed up after I got cold feet and left it in my cart lol I think it's about 3%, so the cost is $872.99 plus tax.
I got the same code but didn’t notice it till after I ordered. Lol

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,739 Posts
I’m curious if they’re going to do a forged CFTP wing. I’ve talked to Charles a couple times about it (I purchased my forged S-wing from FFP) and he said it was in consideration.

·
Registered
2021 Shelby GT500
1,739 Posts
Looks like that answer is “no”. I talked to Charles today and he said he spent 250K to develop and build the CFTP wing and so far has only sold 15. He said it cost too much more to do them in forged 😕

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Black
393 Posts

View attachment 242856
Ordered as well! Code worked which is nice. When it gets here it's here, then have to do PPF and ceramic so when it's on it's on. Excited regardless. My first CF part ordered.

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ordered as well! Code worked which is nice. When it gets here it's here, then have to do PPF and ceramic so when it's on it's on. Excited regardless. My first CF part ordered.
I predict they’re gonna be selling a bunch of these. Hope we get some of the first batch coming in the end of the month.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I predict they’re gonna be selling a bunch of these. Hope we get some of the first batch coming in the end of the month.
Yep, once we get these and do all sorts of free advertising for them, they'll sell quickly.

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
411 Posts
I just happen to be at Function Factory in late May when Charles was inspecting their test piece (hood vent) that just came in. It looked really nice so I place an order. He mentioned that I'm the first to order one and I would expect the first batch would go quickly. Charles also mentioned at that time that there would be about a 8 week lead time. It will come with a dry carbon rain tray. It'll also require the use of your factory hardware.

This is their actual test piece.

Tire Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting Snow

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Black Grille

·
Registered
2021 GT 500
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just happen to be at Function Factory in late May when Charles was inspecting their test piece (hood vent) that just came in. It looked really nice so I place an order. He mentioned that I'm the first to order one and I would expect the first batch would go quickly. Charles also mentioned at that time that there would be about a 8 week lead time. It will come with a dry carbon rain tray. It'll also require the use of your factory hardware.

This is their actual test piece.

View attachment 243231

View attachment 243230
Awesome. Looks just like the Ford Performance/Anderson one. Wonder how many he sold between your order and mine plus the other members’ orders.

·
Premium Member
2020 gt500 Shadow Black
411 Posts
Awesome. Looks just like the Ford Performance/Anderson one. Wonder how many he sold between your order and mine plus the other members’ orders.
That's a good question Chad. I sent an email to Chase last night so if I find out anything, I'll pass it along.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts